+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

We Made It!

craig53

Feb 1, 2006
Crossed yesterday afternoon-- smoothly as you could imagine-- immigration and customs both VERY helpful, supportive, and congratulatory. The woman at Customs even sent someone across the street to Timmy's to get a coffee for me when she heard me lusting after her Horton's when we first walked in... been a long road but we did it-- good luck to all who are still working at it-- we're cheering for you as well!

dearborn59

Oct 24, 2006
HI, Congratulations!!! Would you mind describing how was it at Immigrations and Customs so we can also have an idea? For us who are still in the process of getting to that point, its might scary, really. THANKS!! Will be waiting for your reply.

craig53

Feb 1, 2006
We were doing just a temporary crossing as our visas as provincial nominees were within a couple of weeks of expiring. Crossed at Port Huron Michigan to Sarnia Ont thinking the traffic might be a little less. First went through the immigration guy who checked paperwork, proof of funds and that was about it. We gave him our Canadian temp address for our PR cards to be sent to(which were forwarded and I just recd today.)He stamped everything and welcomed us. Then it was to customs where we got Timmy's with the women running that counter(Tim Horton's coffee -- the national obsession for those of you from further away.) They perused and cleared our inventory list of all our stuff. All told time was about 45 minutes-- we expected a lot longer-- very friendly and professional. I would say though the more organised you appear the better-- the immigration fellow even remarked that it was nice to have someone as ready as we were. Had all documentation with backups, etc in a file I brought in with me. Everything on inventory list very carefully labelled, etc. Good luck to all who are still working at it!

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
craig53 said:
We were doing just a temporary crossing as our visas as provincial nominees were within a couple of weeks of expiring. Crossed at Port Huron Michigan to Sarnia Ont thinking the traffic might be a little less. First went through the immigration guy who checked paperwork, proof of funds and that was about it. We gave him our Canadian temp address for our PR cards to be sent to(which were forwarded and I just recd today.)He stamped everything and welcomed us. Then it was to customs where we got Timmy's with the women running that counter(Tim Horton's coffee -- the national obsession for those of you from further away.) They perused and cleared our inventory list of all our stuff. All told time was about 45 minutes-- we expected a lot longer-- very friendly and professional. I would say though the more organised you appear the better-- the immigration fellow even remarked that it was nice to have someone as ready as we were. Had all documentation with backups, etc in a file I brought in with me. Everything on inventory list very carefully labelled, etc. Good luck to all who are still working at it!

Thanks craig53 for your feedback, it will help us a lot when our time comes

Cheers
Eduardo