+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wanting to study in Canada

lecy2000

Sep 26, 2007
I'm from Australia and am planning on applying for the new WHP permit in 2008 (thanks for that advice PMM!) but I would also like to look into studying in Canada once I'm there. I know that I don't need a permit if the course is shorter than six months, but what happens if it is longer? Do I need to leave the country and apply for a new Study Visa?

Thanks,
Alyce

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

lecy2000 said:
I'm from Australia and am planning on applying for the new WHP permit in 2008 (thanks for that advice PMM!) but I would also like to look into studying in Canada once I'm there. I know that I don't need a permit if the course is shorter than six months, but what happens if it is longer? Do I need to leave the country and apply for a new Study Visa?

Thanks,
Alyce
If you have a work permit, then you can apply in Canada for a change of status to student.

PMM

ayushd

Dec 13, 2007
One of my friends have recommended a course in University of Waterloo it is called the MBET:
http://cbet.uwaterloo.ca/ , I dont know much about Canada , though I can find good information about accommodation, Visas, work etc, but have not found much about MBET.
Does anybody here know about this course or has been related to in any ways.
I am looking for some feedback on it so that I can make a decision based on some concrete evaluation.
Look forward for help.

Dec 19, 2007
lecy2000 said:

Thanks,
Alyce

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Ramesh Prasad Joshi said:
lecy2000 said:

Thanks,
Alyce
Holders of Work permits can apply in Canada (Vegreville) for a change of status to student.

PMM

Vishnu A R

Mar 16, 2014
Hi, I am from India. I have completed my 12 th commerce on 2010. I have went to CA course and couldn't complete it. I would like to join for a UG program at Alberta... Do this 4 years lag a big problem to get study visa?????

Anjali_pathak

May 2, 2014
Hello Sir,
I am new to this forum. I am Anjali from India. I have a query regarding studying in Canada, actually i don't know how to post a new topic so I am sort of replying here.
I am graduate in BCA with around 60% and I want to go to Canada for further study but I want to change my field.
I am afraid whether I should change my field at this point of Time or should stick to IT.
I will be glad if any of you could help me. Which course should I go for and which college shall I choose.
Or whether Will it be a good opportunity to go abroad or study in India.. ??