+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

wanna be a science teacher

amiramaged

Jun 22, 2012
I'm a pharmacist n my husband too he is studying for the canadian board but i don't want to take it i think it's abit hard for me i don't have enough time to study it I'm resident now in sadi arabia I'm working as ahigh school science and chemistry teacher for 7 years n i love this career I'm asking what do I have to do to work as a science teacher in canada we'll be landing next week but i still have one more year beofre going to live there what should i do and what papers to prepare before i go?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Each province has slightly different requirements. Google "become a teacher in" + the name of the province you plan to live in.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I was just out walking with a neighbour who is a special needs aide and she was telling me that teachers are being laid off with 15-10 years seniority. This year there has been a lot of unrest in BC with union issues (no contract in ages) and it appears that more families are moving their children to private schools. Now this MAY be beneficial to those new teachers coming to Canada with NO SENIORITY, as I think private schools work differently. There may be more private school openings as a result. Certainly things are tight in the public schools. Just a heads up. Teachers who have specialized training, like science, French, IT, etc. will have preference in getting jobs over those who are generalists. Just something more to think about. Good luck.

amiramaged

Jun 22, 2012
thnx a lot for replying but i wonder if the private schools also don't hire teachers except with ateaching license cause i don't have any teaching program certificate i studied pharmacy as i said

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Follow Scylla's good advice. I am sure you would not be able to teach without proper training and there are plenty of teachers with training looking for work that they would not be pushed to do so. If you desperately want to work with school-aged children, they seem to be short of special needs aides and they are paid $25/hr, get all school holidays off and work approx 9-3, which would give you a chance to study if you wanted to get your qualifications in time. It is a shame you are coming just at the time you are as most schools will be closed for the summer. You could have gone by to talk to some Principals or VPs for advice, it is possible you might find some still in the school offices if you go soon after your arrival. You might try contacting the school board offices where you plan to live and ask if there is someone there you can talk to. Either that or a counsellor at the local university. Good Luck.