+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

waiting for PR Card

edujrn

Apr 9, 2012
Hi guys,

how many days you have to wait for your PR card after your landing experience? I became a PR last April 22, 2012 and until now, i have'nt got my PR card. does it take more than 2 months for the processing of PR cards? my classmate got hers last June, she became a PR the day before I landed.. just wondering if you also have the same experience (waiting). 8)

thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

edujrn said:
Hi guys,

how many days you have to wait for your PR card after your landing experience? I became a PR last April 22, 2012 and until now, i have'nt got my PR card. does it take more than 2 months for the processing of PR cards? my classmate got hers last June, she became a PR the day before I landed.. just wondering if you also have the same experience (waiting). 8)

thanks
50 Business days + mailing time http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp You should have it by now, so phone the call centre

edujrn

Apr 9, 2012
the call center's number is always busy and unfortunately they cant transfer me to the next available call centre agent.. i even followed their advise to call during Thursday and Friday because its their least busy days but to no avail... do you know their email address so i could just send them an email with details of my status.. thanks..

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
That's an anomalous waiting time. At the time of your landing the waiting period was 42 business days (eight weeks and a half). I, for instance, got mine today after slightly less than 2 months from the date I landed. Please call the center several times and don't just give up on the first few tries.

jun479

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 18, 2012
AOR Received.
Aug 21,2012
File Transfer...
Aug 21,2012
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Sep 1, 2012; we requested for 2nd ppr - still waiting. Went in process on ecas on sep 26, 2012
Hi everyone,
I wanted to know if PR card is required for exiting Canada?
My job situation is such that I might have to make my landing in Canada after I get my PR visa and return for a couple months to the resident country. I realize that the PR card takes about 2 months to be mailed out. Can my wife pick up the card on my behalf and send it to me so I can have it to me when I need to re enter Canada?

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
If you travelling to Middleeast, Pakistan, Phillipine, India or any Asian country other than Visa exempt you will be not allowed to travel easily by Airline (unless boarding agent is not aware of rules). However, visa exempt countries I don't think any problem but better get details from seniors.

jun479

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 18, 2012
AOR Received.
Aug 21,2012
File Transfer...
Aug 21,2012
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Sep 1, 2012; we requested for 2nd ppr - still waiting. Went in process on ecas on sep 26, 2012
Waiting for seniors feedback

Natasha007

Dec 3, 2012
Hi there.
I landed Toronto on 10th Oct and still waiting for my PR cards, when are they going to come? is there anyway i can contact nova scotia off by e mail to find out if my cards are ready or any other way i can find out thru online check
pls let me know
thanks