+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

waiting for permanent residence in Canada

cath

Aug 16, 2007
Hi, I'm a Canadian Citizen living in Rwanda. I will be getting married to a Rwandan in December and was told that we could apply for permanent residence and a temporary visa at the same time so that we can go back to Canada after the wedding and wait for the permanent residence... is this true? Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

cath said:
Hi, I'm a Canadian Citizen living in Rwanda. I will be getting married to a Rwandan in December and was told that we could apply for permanent residence and a temporary visa at the same time so that we can go back to Canada after the wedding and wait for the permanent residence... is this true? Thanks!
As you are a Canadian once you are married, you can submit the sponsorship and the application to Mississauga while residing overseas. The chances that your spouse will get a TRV (visitor visa) to go to Canada so you can sponsor are pretty well close to nil.

PMM

cath

Aug 16, 2007
So, Nairobi wait times for Permanent residence are 7 months to a year and a half. I don't want to go back to Canada until my fiance can come with me... do I look for a new contract? A whole year and a half? Ugh!