+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

waiting for AOR from 1 year

sharon Gill

Star Member
Nov 12, 2020
Good morning to everyone,

I applied for permanent residence file under Quebec skilled worker in October 2019 and it's been more than a year and I never back anything from immigration. Moreover, my CSQ and WORK PERMIT is expiring in the next 2 months, I don't know what should I do, is there anyone who can help me, would be very appreciated.

Thanks

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
Good morning to everyone,

I applied for permanent residence file under Quebec skilled worker in October 2019 and it's been more than a year and I never back anything from immigration. Moreover, my CSQ and WORK PERMIT is expiring in the next 2 months, I don't know what should I do, is there anyone who can help me, would be very appreciated.

Thanks
Your CSQ will be valid until you have a decision for your PR application. For your Work Permit, you will need to go for a closed work permit through your employee with a form A75.

Reactions: sharon Gill

sharon Gill

Star Member
Nov 12, 2020
Your CSQ will be valid until you have a decision for your PR application. For your Work Permit, you will need to go for a closed work permit through your employee with a form A75.
Yh i know but how long i have to wait to get my AOR

Yurvashy

Sep 1, 2020
so when they will open the files and when processing times will be completed don’t know
IRCC gets to work at their own discretion. Hence, it's nearly impossible to know when they'll start processing applications dated July 2019 and onwards.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
so when they will open the files and when processing times will be completed don’t know
No one knows. It was expected that IRCC may start sending out some temporary acknowledgements from last week but that hasn't happened yet.
On one hand Federal Immigration Ministry is soon coming out with a proposal to regularize all temporary foreign workers and students and here MIFI is still grappling with email functionality (case in point - value test emails not received by many and MIFI says they sent it out ) but I don't see any hopes for Quebec students and workers in this federal handout. We are made to suffer for choosing Quebec (courtesy CAQ government).

Reactions: Zgajipurwala
Oct 29, 2020
Hi, yes this is frustating, Im in the same situation, submitted my PR aplication on november last year, and nothing... theres is another group here discussing that and nobody after july 2019 has received AOR