May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
I've just read this article:
http://www.canadavisa.com/news/entry/visitors-to-canada-will-be-automatically-considered-for-multiple-entry-visas-02042014.html
Do you think if this new rules are applicable for spousal sponsorship?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
sophieee said:
I've just read this article:
http://www.canadavisa.com/news/entry/visitors-to-canada-will-be-automatically-considered-for-multiple-entry-visas-02042014.html
Do you think if this new rules are applicable for spousal sponsorship?
I see no reason why not. If CIC are prepared to issue you even a single visit visa as a sponsored applicant, they may as well make it multiple entry. I don't think it will make it any easier to obtain a TRV in the first place.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
zardoz said:
I see no reason why not. If CIC are prepared to issue you even a single visit visa as a sponsored applicant, they may as well make it multiple entry. I don't think it will make it any easier to obtain a TRV in the first place.
Yeah, but it's a huge change for inland applicants if you can leave the country and come back without problem before you get PR. I was wondering if it will be also possible, or the new rules are applicable just for the "standard" visitors.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sophieee said:
Yeah, but it's a huge change for inland applicants if you can leave the country and come back without problem before you get PR. I was wondering if it will be also possible, or the new rules are applicable just for the "standard" visitors.
Good question!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Having a multiple-entry temporary resident visa means that you don't need to reapply for a visa each time if you travel to Canada frequently, but it does not guarantee entry.

In other words: holding a visitor visa gives you the ability to fly to the Canadian border. Once you are at the point of entry, you will still be examined by a Border Officer who will determine whether to grant entry.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
The removal of single entry visa Canadian Visitor Visa and only have multiple entry visa has no bearing on the spousal PR sponsorship. The rules and documentations required to get TRV remains the same, whether applying for single entry / multiple entry. Having two different type of entry visa is stupid to begin with anyway. It is only a money grab in forcing first time TRV to apply for single entry only to apply for another TRV a second time only this time multiple entry TRV.

The single entry visa only add more time and resources taken up by CIC to "redo" the applications twice. Single entry first and later down the road a multiple entry visa.

Screech339

red_gatsby

Star Member
Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2013
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
screech339 said:
The removal of single entry visa Canadian Visitor Visa and only have multiple entry visa has no bearing on the spousal PR sponsorship. The rules and documentations required to get TRV remains the same, whether applying for single entry / multiple entry. Having two different type of entry visa is stupid to begin with anyway. It is only a money grab in forcing first time TRV to apply for single entry only to apply for another TRV a second time only this time multiple entry TRV.

The single entry visa only add more time and resources taken up by CIC to "redo" the applications twice. Single entry first and later down the road a multiple entry visa.

Screech339
So does it apply to current visitor visa holders?
Does it automatically becomes a multiple one or it will only change if you renew it?
Since you are only allowed to apply for visitor visa outside of Canada..

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
red_gatsby said:
So does it apply to current visitor visa holders?
Does it automatically becomes a multiple one or it will only change if you renew it?
Since you are only allowed to apply for visitor visa outside of Canada..
Good question. I just looked at the application revised feb 2014 as latest revision date and it still have "single" in one of the choices of visa along with multiple and transit.

I suspects that CIC will update the application soon probably next month to remove the single entry option from the visa type from the application form.

Screech339

Wyz

Star Member
Mar 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
Nov 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 2012, tfr to ISL May 2013
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
My husband applied in December 9th, and his was issued February 8th of this month. It was a single-entry visa...so I don't know to what extent this could be true because yes we did ask for single-entry because we thought that if willing to give us a trv after knowing that our spousal sponsorship has been in process since 2011, they would only give us single-entry. And that they did. Otherwise, according to this article, they should have given multiple entry since that came into effect February 6th. I doubt it would apply to spousal sponsorships.