+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I came to Canada as a visitor since 20 may 2021 , Can I apply for work permit if I have a job offer?!
Do you have a LMIA from your employer? The employer would have paid $1000 to apply and has proven that no Canadian/PR can be hired. Find out from your employer as the process for a LMIA takes months.

esraa saber

Star Member
Dec 27, 2019
So your spouse will be on a PGWP. If so, your spouse can get an open work permit once you show 3 paystubs in a NOC A, B or O. If not on a PGWP, yes then spouse needs a LMIA with a closed work permit.
And Can I work after these three month?! I think this change to work nw will be lost because i have a job offer as a pharmacy assistant and BTW its NOC (C)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
And Can I work after these three month?! I think this change to work nw will be lost because i have a job offer as a pharmacy assistant and BTW its NOC (C)
You need to have a valid work permit in order to be able to work

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
A job offer requires a LMIA (employer has to prove no Canadian could be hired) and then a closed work permit.

Is your spouse applying for a PGWP, when he graduates? If so you may be eligible for an open work permit, if your spouse has a NOC A,B or 0 job with 3 paystubs and an employment letter.

esraa saber

Star Member
Dec 27, 2019
A job offer requires a LMIA (employer has to prove no Canadian could be hired) and then a closed work permit.

Is your spouse applying for a PGWP, when he graduates? If so you may be eligible for an open work permit, if your spouse has a NOC A,B or 0 job with 3 paystubs and an employment letter.
My husband in last term and has a valid 6 month in his study permit , i dont like to lose this job offer , can I apply for sowp or ask the employer to give me a LMAI?!

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My husband in last term and has a valid 6 month in his study permit , i dont like to loss this job offer , can I apply for sopw or ask the employer to give me a LMAI?!
You can’t work until you have a work permit. The employer has to apply for one. They can’t give you one. A LMIA takes months to process and costs the employer $1,000. They have a lot of paperwork and need to show they posted the job for at least a month and no Canadian or PR could be hired. Then you apply for a closed work permit. Process can take 8-12 months.

Your only option is a SOWP but it most likely will be refused since your husband only has 6 months left. It will take a few months to process too. Your only option though.

esraa saber

Star Member
Dec 27, 2019
You can’t work until you have a work permit. The employer has to apply for one. They can’t give you one. A LMIA takes months to process and costs the employer $1,000. They have a lot of paperwork and need to show they posted the job for at least a month and no Canadian or PR could be hired. Then you apply for a closed work permit. Process can take 8-12 months.

Your only option is a SOWP but it most likely will be refused since your husband only has 6 months left. It will take a few months to process too. Your only option though.
Thanks so the only option to wait untill my husband take his post graduate open work permit or apply in atalntic program?!