+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa to Sowp.

Tarora

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
Hi,

i need some guidance from an experience person. It will be really helpful.

Me, my wife and my son are planning to travel together my son and i already have a visitor visa(us,canada) and my wife is on study permit for 1 year

we would land on 25th august. So i need an advice that should i apply for work permit at the same time when we will be landed (flagpoll). Or shall i extend her study permit first( she has a 1 year permit so she need 2 year study for 3 year work permit) and then apply for my work permit or shall i apply work permit and extension or study at the same time?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Me, my wife and my son are planning to travel together my son and i already have a visitor visa(us,canada) and my wife is on study permit for 1 year

we would land on 25th august. So i need an advice that should i apply for work permit at the same time when we will be landed (flagpoll). Or shall i extend her study permit first( she has a 1 year permit so she need 2 year study for 3 year work permit) and then apply for my work permit or shall i apply work permit and extension or study at the same time?
Impossible to give accurate answer so far away during such a fluid situation. Flagpoling hasn't been an option since last March so would assume there is a good chance that you'll need to apply for an OWP online. I would apply now because you should have an OWP not a TRV if you want to remain in Canada.. Would keep an eye on any changes or travel requirements starting in early summer.

Samiuddinm

Feb 1, 2022
Hi,

Hi Tarora,
Any luck changing ur status. Can u share me ur email ID so that we can discuss regarding this.