+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa to PR in Canada

tanveervora

Oct 4, 2017
Hello, I am Canadian citizen exclusively living outside Canada. I applied for my spouse PR from India on October 19th 2023. Her file got accepted on 8th Dec 2023 and received Biometrics on 15th Dec and completed her Medical and updated on the file on 06 Jan 2024. In the meantime, as soon as she completed her Biometrics, I applied for her visitor visa and now she has received her passport request for visitor visa. My questions are, we are travelling to Canada on 27th of Feb.

1. Do I have to inform IRCC that she is now in Canada?
2. How do I inform IRCC? Through Web form?
3. If I inform IRCC, then will her file will move from India to Canada?
4. In regards of her PR file, will there be any issue in this case?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:

jsjaspreet93

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
Inform IRCC through webform that the PA is now in Canada and mention the current address so the PA can do virtual landing. There won't be any issues with the PR file at all but the file wont move to Canada as it will still be processed as outland.

Reactions: tanveervora

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello, I am Canadian citizen exclusively living outside Canada. ... My questions are, we are travelling to Canada on 27th of Feb.
In addition to above, I would suggest you inform IRCC that you, the sponsor, have now relocated to Canada (and if you can show some/any kind of evidence - a lease, a job, whatever, include that as well). This is important because one step of the approval process will be an evaluation of the 'intent to return' aspect - for which the best evidence is "already did that."

Honestly I would also suggest doing this in a separate webform. It's important enough that you don't want it to be missed.

[Some seem to think that sponsor approval means they've evaluated the intent to return, and answer is no, they do it later in process.]

Reactions: tanveervora

w8ing4visa

Star Member
Nov 15, 2023
Once you reach Canada update your address through webform
google it and you will find you need to select the right visa office handling your case
No, they may call PA and sponsor for interview and that could mean (Interview in India)
No, however it will make your case more stronger in terms of relationship eligibility!

Lashika

Sep 14, 2020
Hello, I am Canadian citizen exclusively living outside Canada. I applied for my spouse PR from India on October 19th 2023. Her file got accepted on 8th Dec 2023 and received Biometrics on 15th Dec and completed her Medical and updated on the file on 06 Jan 2024. In the meantime, as soon as she completed her Biometrics, I applied for her visitor visa and now she has received her passport request for visitor visa. My questions are, we are travelling to Canada on 27th of Feb.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Lashika

Sep 14, 2020
Hello ,
My spouse is a canadian citizen. He applied for my visitor visa but it got refused. The reasons given was purpose of visit and strong family ties in canada.

I have a full time job with a good salary in india. We attached everything. Can you please let me know what did you write in your application to show ties to home country and documents attached?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello ,
My spouse is a canadian citizen. He applied for my visitor visa but it got refused. The reasons given was purpose of visit and strong family ties in canada.

I have a full time job with a good salary in india. We attached everything. Can you please let me know what did you write in your application to show ties to home country and documents attached?
Are you trying to visit or do you want to move to Canada?

tanveervora

Oct 4, 2017
Hello ,

My wife’s visitor visa got approved and we are in Canada together now. My wife didn’t work in India. We didn’t submit a lot of documents. our joint bank account and few other documents. However, I was in India and I was working from home. Guess we got lucky that her Visitor got approved while her Pr is still in process.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My wife’s visitor visa got approved and we are in Canada together now. My wife didn’t work in India. We didn’t submit a lot of documents. our joint bank account and few other documents. However, I was in India and I was working from home. Guess we got lucky that her Visitor got approved while her Pr is still in process.
Assume your employer knows you are living outside Canada and has make adjustments to how they are paying you because you are not a Canadian resident. Have you also notified CRA that you are abroad and have you asked them to determine if you are a tax resident or not? You have not meant the residency requirement to qualify for healthcare so will have to reapply for a new health card when you return even if you have a valid health card. You were supposed to notify your clinical health authority that you have moved abroad. Even if you haven’t you must meet the residency requirements to qualify for healthcare in your province and have a valid health card to be qualify for provincial healthcare. Agree that looks like you got lucky. Your spouse likely benefited from IRCCs bulk approvals without review of their applications which has been happening for just over a year. IRCC has been justifying this policy as a way to address backlogs.