+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa rejected twice for parents - pls help!

Dee92

Aug 12, 2018
Hi,

The first time I applied for the my parents, the reason for refusal was :

1) The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application
2) You did not provide proof of Medical insurance or proof of LICO

The second time I applied, we provided enough details on the cover letter on the reason for they visit, appropriate funds and showed enough ties back home to ensure the officer that they will return back after a month. We also attached a travel insurance from ICICI bank, which is a private bank in India. The reason for refusal for second time is this:

1) Proof of private medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company not provided on file.

As far as I checked the website, this is only required if we apply for super visa and not for visitor visa.

Please can someone help on how to move forward? Thank you!!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

1) The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application

The second time I applied, we provided enough details on the cover letter on the reason for they visit, appropriate funds and showed enough ties back home to ensure the officer that they will return back after a month. We also attached a travel insurance from ICICI bank, which is a private bank in India. The reason for refusal for second time is this:

1) Proof of private medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company not provided on file.

As far as I checked the website, this is only required if we apply for super visa and not for visitor visa.

Are you sure you are applying for a TRV and not a super visa because both refusals are referring to supervisas?

Dee92

Aug 12, 2018
Thank you for your response. I think our travel agent wrongly applied for Super Visa instead of Visitor Visa. Now she is suggesting that we go with Super Visa itself with the right insurance. But there is one complication : my father was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last year - he has completed his treatments (no surgery - just chemotherapy and radiation) and is currently on medication (taking chemo tablets).

I would like to know if this would be a reason for failing the medical test that is required for Super Visa?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your response. I think our travel agent wrongly applied for Super Visa instead of Visitor Visa. Now she is suggesting that we go with Super Visa itself with the right insurance. But there is one complication : my father was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last year - he has completed his treatments (no surgery - just chemotherapy and radiation) and is currently on medication (taking chemo tablets).

I would like to know if this would be a reason for failing the medical test that is required for Super Visa?
Your father will be a refused a supervisa if he doesn’t pass the medical. Passing the medical is a mandatory requirement. All he can do is take the medical.

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Apply for another visitor visa, mention these two refusals, and say you mistakenly applied for a super visa.
Secondly, stop using this travel agent that doesn't know what they're doing and just apply on your own - it's really not that difficult.

Visit2West

Aug 31, 2023
Hi,

Hi Dee92, I think I will be able to help out. Please feel free to message me if you want.

absg

Mar 19, 2017
Hi Dee92 I am on the same boat. Parents visa got refused twice and my dad also diagnosed with early stage of cancerous tumour 6 years ago, had a surgery and no issues after that. did you apply for your parents visa again? if you did what visa you applied for?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Dee92 I am on the same boat. Parents visa got refused twice and my dad also diagnosed with early stage of cancerous tumour 6 years ago, had a surgery and no issues after that. did you apply for your parents visa again? if you did what visa you applied for?
What was the reason for refusal. What is their citizenship? Do they live in their home country? Do you have siblings and if so where do they live? How much liquid savings have they shown? What ties to their home country have they shown? What is their international travel history in the past 5 years? How long did they request to visit? Do they qualify for a supervisa? How did you secure PR?

absg

Mar 19, 2017
What was the reason for refusal. What is their citizenship? Do they live in their home country? Do you have siblings and if so where do they live? How much liquid savings have they shown? What ties to their home country have they shown? What is their international travel history in the past 5 years? How long did they request to visit? Do they qualify for a supervisa? How did you secure PR?
Visa was refused because lack of proof for their ties to home country. I am a Canadian Citizen. They are Bangladeshi and lives in back home. they request for 2 months visit. I have 2 siblings. one live in back home and another one live in SK.