+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa-refusal BF/GF case, Please help for next steps

Gur24

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
Hi all,

My bf who is a PR in Canada invited me on visitor visa for valentines. We are in a long distance relationship. I am working on a good position in my home country. I had sufficient funds and even provided them the affidavit of support from my father. but still I got a refusal.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Please let me know what should I do now? I personally am looking forward to reapply. My consultant is asking me 400$ more to reapply , though i have already given them 750$.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all,

My bf who is a PR in Canada invited me on visitor visa for valentines. We are in a long distance relationship. I am working on a good position in my home country. I had sufficient funds and even provided them the affidavit of support from my father. but still I got a refusal.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Please let me know what should I do now? I personally am looking forward to reapply. My consultant is asking me 400$ more to reapply , though i have already given them 750$.
Order GCMS notes, and get reasons for refusal and apply on your own and save money. Why would your father need to provide affidavit? How long was visit? Did boyfriend write letter of invitation? If so what did it say? How long have you been together in person? Single people have difficulty getting visa because they have no family ties like child/spouse to return too. IRCC is concerned that because you have no ties then you will overstay or not return.

Gur24

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
Order GCMS notes, and get reasons for refusal and apply on your own and save money. Why would your father need to provide affidavit? How long was visit? Did boyfriend write letter of invitation? If so what did it say? How long have you been together in person? Single people have difficulty getting visa because they have no family ties like child/spouse to return too. IRCC is concerned that because you have no ties then you will overstay or not return.
reasons are generic given in refusal letter. Father provided an affidavit of support stating residence and family ties and that i would come back. the visit planned was 15 days. boyfriend also shared attested invitation letter stating that he would like to invite me to spend valentines and spend quality time with him. we mentioned back story also that we are dating since 2019 , proof of relationships were attached and few details of our previous visits before covid, but now due to work obligations, he could not travel to India.

Last edited:

Gur24

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
GCMS notes take a month and now i m planning to reapply based on his birthday which is in upcoming May. Should I attach my parents resident ID cards and their taxes files to state strong ties and justify the reasons in cover letter. what other proofs i should add?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
reasons are generic given in refusal letter. Father provided an affidavit of support stating residence and family ties and that i would come back. the visit planned was 15 days. boyfriend also shared attested invitation letter stating that he would like to invite me to spend valentines and spend quality time with him. we mentioned back story also that we are dating since 2019 , proof of relationships were attached and few details of our previous visits before covid, but now due to work obligations, he could not travel to India.
That is why you need to order GCMS notes. Family ties are spouse and children if over 22. Having father provide affidavit serves no purpose as you don’t have to return and you are not a dependant. He cannot ”force” you to return. Parents resident IDs and their taxes are not relevant to you at all. You are the one who proves your return. If he said that he is your BF then that is a red flag because IRCC assumes you may stay, live together or get married. What did you show that you will return? Father’s letter is not relevant. Job letter with approved leave, business, properties, investments etc.

Reactions: YVR123

Gur24

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
That is why you need to order GCMS notes. Family ties are spouse and children if over 22. Having father provide affidavit serves no purpose as you don’t have to return and you are not a dependant. He cannot ”force” you to return. Parents resident IDs and their taxes are not relevant to you at all. You are the one who proves your return. If he said that he is your BF then that is a red flag because IRCC assumes you may stay, live together or get married. What did you show that you will return? Father’s letter is not relevant. Job letter with approved leave, business, properties, investments etc.
I have connected with many people who invited their GF and BF mentioning that they are in relationship and they got visas within a month. i heard that stating BF as a friend can be misrepresented if we decide to extend my stay and may be get married if i find Canada worth it or may be apply for study/work. We didn't want any misrepresentation for future.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have connected with many people who invited their GF and BF mentioning that they are in relationship and they got visas within a month. i heard that stating BF as a friend can be misrepresented if we decide to extend my stay and may be get married if i find Canada worth it or may be apply for study/work. We didn't want any misrepresentation for future.
Ok. Since you know many people who have done this recently then follow your own advice. Already saying you are considering extending your stay and saying you may get married means IRCCs concerns were justified. There was no misrepresentation by saying visiting a friend, and now you cannot go back because past application is on file. You need GCMS notes and if not willing to do it, you must reapply addressing reasons for refusal and submit new documentation. Including father’s ID, letters is not relevant. You need to prove you will return and without family ties you need job letter with approved leave, properties in your name, investments etc.

Reactions: Buletruck

Gur24

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
Ok. Since you know many people who have done this recently then follow your own advice. Already saying you are considering extending your stay and saying you may get married means IRCCs concerns were justified. There was no misrepresentation by saying visiting a friend, and now you cannot go back because past application is on file. You need GCMS notes and if not willing to do it, you must reapply addressing reasons for refusal and submit new documentation. Including father’s ID, letters is not relevant. You need to prove you will return and without family ties you need job letter with approved leave, properties in your name, investments etc.
properties and investments were already added. complete property evaluation was done. i ll a add job letter with approved leave. Before that i added simple job letter stating that i m an employee of that company since whatever years. also, the reason for birthday would be justified for 15 days?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
properties and investments were already added. complete property evaluation was done. i ll add job letter with approved leave.before i added simple job letter stating that i m an employee.
So properties are in your name? If income, show that you need to return to maintain properties with rental agreements. You need job letter showing that you have been an employee with xx number of years with approved leave for xx number of days signed by the company on letterhead.

Think your biggest hurdle is that invitation letter stated your relationship (may extend staty) so need to explain that you will return. A birthday and Valentine’s are not really a reason to visit. Visit would be that he doesn’t have holidays and to prove he can’t visit you.

Gur24

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
So properties are in your name? If income, show that you need to return to maintain properties with rental agreements. You need job letter showing that you have been an employee with xx number of years with approved leave for xx number of days signed by the company on letterhead.

Think your biggest hurdle is that invitation letter stated your relationship (may extend staty) so need to explain that you will return. A birthday and Valentine’s are not really a reason to visit. Visit would be that he doesn’t have holidays and to prove he can’t visit you.
How can he do that? we cant add personal reasons that our families don't want us to meet due to some cultural differences here in India. this again will give them the reason to refuse. he mentioned work obligations, settlement issues, in his previous letter. now he is working on his citizenship application so his focus is around that and he is planning career change as his company will be taken over by some other company

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
How can he do that? we cant add personal reasons that our families don't want us to meet due to some cultural differences here in India. this again will give them the reason to refuse. he mentioned work obligations, settlement issues, in his previous letter. now he is working on his citizenship application so his focus is around that and he is planning career change as his company will be taken over by some other company
You are the one who has to prove you will return. You say the you have properties and investments in your name. He can provide letter of invitation inviting you and explain why he cannot take time off work to go to India. For IRCC this has nothing to do with cultural differences but proving you will return. The onus is on you, not him.

Last edited:

Gur24

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
I get your point. In that case, does the above points like I have my job there, possibly get promoted at work in April Or june. My parents are here. What else I can add

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I get your point. In that case, does the above points like I have my job there, possibly get promoted at work in April Or june. My parents are here. What else I can add
Parents are not a tie to return that is why you have first bullet of refusal - no ties. Unfortunately, IRCC has a high rate of refusals for single people. Promotion is not a tie to return. Ties are job letter with approved leave (show you have been there a long time) signed by HR. Other ties are properties/investments in your name.

You really need GCMS notes to know the concerns on the second reason. Most likely letter of invitation states your relationship and haven’t seen each other in a long time. Right then, those are red flags that you will extend stay or get married. But you don’t seem to want to order notes.

Gur24

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
Parents are not a tie to return that is why you have first bullet of refusal - no ties. Unfortunately, IRCC has a high rate of refusals for single people. Promotion is not a tie to return. Ties are job letter with approved leave (show you have been there a long time) signed by HR. Other ties are properties/investments in your name.

You really need GCMS notes to know the concerns on the second reason. Most likely letter of invitation states your relationship and haven’t seen each other in a long time. Right then, those are red flags that you will extend stay or get married. But you don’t seem to want to order notes.
Ok. I ll order GCMS notes