+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa processing at Los Angeles

vaibhu

Sep 11, 2012
I sent my parent's passport thru mail to LA consulate about 4 weeks ago and I still haven't received the passports back. Is the processing time so long? The website lists processing time as 14 days so I am not sure why it is taking so long. Anyone applied recently for visitor visas at LA by mail? If so, how long was the processing time?

jadejumo_69

Jan 28, 2012
I applied for mine on August 8th, Yet I have not received my passport. Please let me know if you have received yours.
Thanks,
James

vaibhu

Sep 11, 2012
I haven't. I am really frustrated with this consulate. One of the most efficient consulates I have ever dealt with.

siscr

Sep 24, 2012
Hi,

I am in similar situation. I sent my visitor visa application on 12th Sept whihc was received on sept 13th. I havnt heard anything back in regards to my application. after going through the forum I could make out that its gonna take almost a month to get my passport back.
I had read on the main website that processing time is 14 days. I have already taken up a date for my H1 visa stamping :(. Not sure if there is a way to get my application expedited or if I can go in person there ?