+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Parents

• Thread starter Deleted member 981115
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 981115

Greetings Everyone,
I graduated last year and am currently working in Canada. My parent’s visitor visa is set to expire in 18 days. They were supposed to come last year to Canada during my graduation however, during that time they weren’t able to since the borders were closed due to Covid. They have never came to Canada when their visitor visa was issued. What can be done in this case? Can they apply for an extension taking into account the visa will expire in 18 days? Also let’s say the visa expired, can they restore the status explaining that they weren’t able to come to Canada during my graduation due to Covid19?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
They need a new visitor visa if they will not be entering within the next 18 days. There is no such thing as an extension if you are not in the country.

D

Deleted member 981115

If they applied for a new visitor visa, will there be any issues? Since they never came to Canada.

Also if they came to Canada before the visa expires, what is the next step? How can they extend their visitor visa? Since I read somewhere that to apply for an extension, it has to be at least 30 days before the date of expiration.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If they applied for a new visitor visa, will there be any issues? Since they never came to Canada.

Also if they came to Canada before the visa expires, what is the next step? How can they extend their visitor visa? Since I read somewhere that to apply for an extension, it has to be at least 30 days before the date of expiration.
If they come to Canada within the next 18 days, then they apply for the extension. They would not be entering on an expired visa. No issue to re-apply.