+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Help Please

Ezzo90

Jan 12, 2019
Hey
I am a protected person and applied for my PR but i know it will take forever to get processed!
my question is that i want to see my mom and wanted to apply for a visitor visa for her but someone told me because i am a protected person its near impossible for her visa to get approved coz i came on a visitor visa and claimed asylum few years back!
Anyone has insight on this issue? Or anyone has a success story with getting a visitor visa for family while being a protected person?
Any advice is highly appreciated ad i have not seen my mom in 5 years
Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey
I am a protected person and applied for my PR but i know it will take forever to get processed!
my question is that i want to see my mom and wanted to apply for a visitor visa for her but someone told me because i am a protected person its near impossible for her visa to get approved coz i came on a visitor visa and claimed asylum few years back!
Anyone has insight on this issue? Or anyone has a success story with getting a visitor visa for family while being a protected person?
Thank you
It's very true that the chances of her being approved for a TRV are much lower given your immigration history in Canada. However this doesn't mean she can't try to apply. It's possible she may get an approval.

To put together a strong application, she wants to show as much of the following as possible:
- proof of strong ties to her home country such as employment, property ownership, etc.
- proof of immediate family ties in her home country (e.g. spouse, children, etc.)
- proof of a strong bank balance to show she has sufficient funds to pay all of the costs of her trip
- evidence of past travel to countries requiring visas such as the US, UK, etc.

If the TRV doesn't end up being approved, then another option is for both of you to travel and meet up in a third country (not your home country of course).

Good luck.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey
Thank you
The fact that you seem to have claimed asylum due to your sexual orientation and your home country not being LGBTQ+ friendly increases your mother’s chances of being approved for a TRV if she has a strong profile. If you had claimed asylum because there was war in your home country for example or a reason that could apply to your whole family then it would be much more difficult to get approved.