+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa (From France) to attend scientific conference

naima96

Jun 2, 2022
I have applied for visitor visa in may 6 2022 online, then I have submitted my biometrics in may 12 2022.
If I am to travel to Canada, I will have to travel 29 June 2022.
I have not received any updates on the progress on of my application.
The progress bar in the account remains grey and there is no given estimated time to get an answer.

This is the first time I apply, I want to know if it is normal not to have any kind of response. Is there any hope I will get an answer before 29 June?
Is there a way to speed up the process? Like if we ask the conference managers talk to the IRCC? Did anyone try something like that?

The normal processing time for France is 37 days now, it was 30 days the time I applied.

Another question is how many days will the passport mailing time take from France? If anyone had similar experience, I would like it if they would like to share.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have applied for visitor visa in may 6 2022 online, then I have submitted my biometrics in may 12 2022.
The progress bar in the account remains grey and there is no given estimated time to get an answer.

This is the first time I apply, I want to know if it is normal not to have any kind of response. Is there any hope I will get an answer before 29 June?
Is there a way to speed up the process? Like if we ask the conference managers talk to the IRCC? Did anyone try something like that?

The normal processing time for France is 37 days now, it was 30 days the time I applied.

Another question is how many days will the passport mailing time take from France? If anyone had similar experience, I would like it if they would like to share.
- Yes, it's normal not to hear anything.
- Unfortunately there is no way to speed up the process and there is no way to speak with a manager at IRCC. The estimated processing time is only an estimate and it may take longer or shorter to process your specific application. There's really nothing you can do but wait.
- I don't know the answer to your question about mailing times.

Good luck and hope you hear something soon.

Sy-mi

Oct 20, 2022
Hi, did u get any updates on ur case ?

Hi, did u get any updates on ur case ?