+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for parents in France

Zeynep49

Feb 28, 2024
I have applied for my parents visitor visa. I am living in Vancouver. They are in France. They have gotten a visa in the past a 10 year visa however it’s not valid anymore. January 30 2024 I have submitted their application online through ircc portal however I haven’t heard back anything. I’m oftenly checking the ircc portal for updates however nothing has been done. Is this normal? How is the procedure with France? Thanks everyone

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
I have applied for my parents visitor visa. I am living in Vancouver. They are in France. They have gotten a visa in the past a 10 year visa however it’s not valid anymore. January 30 2024 I have submitted their application online through ircc portal however I haven’t heard back anything. I’m oftenly checking the ircc portal for updates however nothing has been done. Is this normal? How is the procedure with France? Thanks everyone
I gather they are not French citizens, right?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have checked however it says 299 days if applied outside of Canada when I choose France it shows 299 days it’s odd as they already had received a visa in the past. I emailed and asked but haven’t received any response.
CAN+ processing (past Canadian or valid US visa) is at the discretion of IRCC. So it may or may not be expedited. All your parents can do is wait.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It is fairly usual to wait multiple months to hear about the outcome of a TRV. Their immigration history and citizenship can have an impact on processing times.