+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Parents during COVID

Tanu17

Jun 18, 2019
Hi, Can we apply for visitor visa of parents on compassionate grounds if in need of medical emergency. What is the process for the same during COVID and how much time does it takes ? Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you so much. I greatly appreciate the response. So I need to apply for their visitor visa and then submit these additional documents with the application.
It must be such a difficult time for your family. Your parents still need visa approval. If you are a PR or citizen, your parents don’t need authorization so not sure if going through paperwork for compassionate reasons will expedite the process.

But you may be able to both at the same time to get get authorization from the Public Health Agency of Canada (Link provided). As I said you need the doctor to fill out forms that your partner is critically ill and sign off from the hospital to be allowed to enter.

Examples of compassionate reasons can include:
  • being present during the final moments of life for a loved one
  • providing support to a person deemed critically ill
  • providing care to a person who medically requires support
  • attending a funeral or end-of-life ceremony

Tanu17

Jun 18, 2019
It must be such a difficult time for your family. Your parents still need visa approval. If you are a PR or citizen, your parents don’t need authorization so not sure if going through paperwork for compassionate reasons will expedite the process.

But you may be able to both at the same time to get get authorization from the Public Health Agency of Canada (Link provided). As I said you need the doctor to fill out forms that your partner is critically ill and sign off from the hospital to be allowed to enter.

Examples of compassionate reasons can include:
  • being present during the final moments of life for a loved one
  • providing support to a person deemed critically ill
  • providing care to a person who medically requires support
  • attending a funeral or end-of-life ceremony
Thank you so much. I have a PR, but my parents do not have a visitor/super visa, so I wanted to know if they are expediting the visitor visa process due to compassionate reason for the parents.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, Can we apply for visitor visa of parents on compassionate grounds if in need of medical emergency. What is the process for the same during COVID and how much time does it takes ? Thank you.
Compassionate grounds is for life threatening or palliative care situation of someone residing in Canada. Is that the case? If so I would be contacting my MP for help along with doctor's note with prognosis.

Tanu17

Jun 18, 2019
Compassionate grounds is for life threatening or palliative care situation of someone residing in Canada. Is that the case? If so I would be contacting my MP for help along with doctor's note with prognosis.
Thank you so much. Pardon my ignorance. What does MP mean ?