+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for parent -Can I change Visa office

legalpanda

Aug 1, 2020
I applied for visitor visa for my father during Covid and already got biometric request but he could not give biometrics as VAC in India were closed .When I applied for his visa he was in India and I was thinking everything will be finalized soon but Now he is visiting UK to meet my sister and going to stay there for a few months .My question is can he give his biometrics in London ? Do I need to change his visa office in order for his application to be processed ? How about passport submissions in case his visa gets approved in this scenario? I think its better for him to visit me from UK rather than going back to India and come visit me back again .

canadaapr

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
I applied for visitor visa for my father during Covid and already got biometric request but he could not give biometrics as VAC in India were closed .When I applied for his visa he was in India and I was thinking everything will be finalized soon but Now he is visiting UK to meet my sister and going to stay there for a few months .My question is can he give his biometrics in London ? Do I need to change his visa office in order for his application to be processed ? How about passport submissions in case his visa gets approved in this scenario? I think its better for him to visit me from UK rather than going back to India and come visit me back again .
Following. I am on same boat. I am applying for canada visa for my father in India but he is planing to visit USA next month.
Other than biometric, what are the steps after you submit the online applications. Do we get the approval first or everything happens after biometrics. Any information will help.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
They can schedule their appointments for biometrics in foreign countries if they are open, no other action is needed.

Processing will likely be done at the original visa office, regardless of where the biometrics were done, unless there will be a workload reallocation.

Passport submission can also be done anywhere regardless of which visa office processed the application, the usual guideline is that they're permitted to legally stay in that country for 6 months.

legalpanda

Aug 1, 2020
Following. I am on same boat. I am applying for canada visa for my father in India but he is planing to visit USA next month.
Other than biometric, what are the steps after you submit the online applications. Do we get the approval first or everything happens after biometrics. Any information will help.
Apply then biometrics then decision

legalpanda

Aug 1, 2020
They can schedule their appointments for biometrics in foreign countries if they are open, no other action is needed.

Processing will likely be done at the original visa office, regardless of where the biometrics were done, unless there will be a workload reallocation.

Passport submission can also be done anywhere regardless of which visa office processed the application, the usual guideline is that they're permitted to legally stay in that country for 6 months.
Thanks for the reply . Will same letter for biometrics work when he go to give biometrics in London? Or we need to get another letter ?

legalpanda

Aug 1, 2020
90 days but due to Covid you don't have to ask for extension even if you get them late .

I do not know anything about passport submission at different locations