+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa before spousal sponsor visa

Krish121089

Aug 20, 2019
Hi all,
I like to clear few things with the knowledge of people in this forum. My wife is a PR holder. I am living in Sri Lanka. I am working here. We got married on 15th february of 2019 In India. My wife was diagnosed pregnant when she was with me and since travelling in the first 3 months is not advisable so she went back to Canada by June. We are yet to apply for spousal sponsor. We gathered all documents and We will apply by end of August. But We planned to have a baby shower on September 22nd and her due date for delivery is 21st november. My question is can I apply for visitor Visa before applying for a spousal sponsor? Because we may not have much time left from now for a visitor Visa. So I would like to apply it soon.
1)I have travel history to UK for my studies.
2) my wife Is sending an invitation letter for baby shower. Also she has mentioned my name in hospital for people accompanying in labour ward. We got a letter for that.
3) also wife provides a letter to support me financially there.
4) I got convertible draft for 6000 CAD.
5) I got employment letter as well as leave letter for 3 months from my employer.
6)purpose of travel is to attend baby shower as well wife's delivery.
7)return flight ticket.

Duration of say will be 3 months.
Please let me know whether what is the chance of getting a visitor Visa before spousal sponsor? As well whether will this be considered as a genuine reason?

Thanks in advance