+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa approved: but change in circumstances before entry

spencer89

Dec 4, 2016
Hi,
My girlfriend's visitor visa to Canada was approved in October last year. Initially - she had planned to come to visit for a few weeks but given the change in circumstances, she now wants to stay for about 3 to 4 months. I was wondering if this change will cause problems at the port of entry? We have necessary financial resources to support the stay.

Second - my girlfriend's visitor visa form does not mention that she will be my spouse at the time of entry (we are going to marry this year). At that time of application, we had actually gone for a few dates and we were still talking. She put me down as a "friend" in the application. I was wondering whether this change of circumstance will be counted as a misrepresentation AND what exactly is the standard for "relationship to me?" For e.g. we are not really fiance even today because we are not formally engaged etc.

Finally - we have NO plans to apply for an inland or outland application (she will return back) - I just don't want any of this to be a problem when we do apply later on.

Would appreciate any thoughts / help

Thank you