+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor record

Ivy Green

Jul 19, 2019
Hello, I have a visitor record of one year as a temporary resident, is that allows me to work in Canada or I need to apply for a work visa?
With thanks,

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, I have a visitor record of one year as a temporary resident, is that allows me to work in Canada or I need to apply for a work visa?
With thanks,
No you need a work permit. Visitors usually receive a 6 month stay are you sure you have been granted a 1 year stay?

Ivy Green

Jul 19, 2019
No you need a work permit. Visitors usually receive a 6 month stay are you sure you have been granted a 1 year stay?
Yes I'm sure,
This is what I received after my second entry to Canada:

Your application to remain in Canada as a temporary resident has been approved. A secure document has been mailed to you at the address that you provided when you made your application. If you have not received your secure document within six weeks, . contact IRCC Type Permit - VR / Permis - FV Validity Document Number 2020/06/03 C300930464

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
With thanks,
If you work as a visitor, it is illegal. You need a work permit.

Lwandamagere

Dec 10, 2021
Yes I'm sure,
This is what I received after my second entry to Canada:

Your application to remain in Canada as a temporary resident has been approved. A secure document has been mailed to you at the address that you provided when you made your application. If you have not received your secure document within six weeks, . contact IRCC Type Permit - VR / Permis - FV Validity Document Number 2020/06/03 C300930464
So what did your "secure document" say? Did it say you have been granted 1 year??

belize1988

Apr 20, 2017
I have the same document as Ivy.
I am applied for my family’s extension for their TRV to be able to go back home and renew passports and it seems I got a visitors record. I was hoping IRCc was going to ask for our passports to stick our new visitor visa sticker.
anyone has the same issue?