+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Record for Mother-Biometric requested

SandhuHarry

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Hi everyone,
My mother came as a visitor in Nov 2019, her status expired in May. I applied for visitor record till August 3rd in April with a hope that Covid situation will be better by then.
My mother got her visitor visa in 2017 & there was no biometric Requirement that time. Now they have asked for Biometric print & all locations are closed yet & nit sure when they will open.

Do We have to wait till they reply back or my mother should leave in August? I’m scared of this pandemic & dont want her to leave yet.
Can I apply for super visa or have to wait on extension first?

SandhuHarry

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
you need to do biometrics for supervisa . do u really think department is not aware that biometric departments are closed? send IRCC a webform query you might get some help. people are still travelling hopefully it will be ok for her to travel in august.
Ofcourse they’re aware that biometric is closed. I just wanted to know that she can stay till decision is made or have to leave in given time frame mention in extension.
Also, if I can apply for supervisa now within canada on implied status.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ofcourse they’re aware that biometric is closed. I just wanted to know that she can stay till decision is made or have to leave in given time frame mention in extension.
Also, if I can apply for supervisa now within canada on implied status.
No you can’t apply for a supervisa from Canada.

SandhuHarry

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Can it be applied if she stays in US on visitor status or it has to be home country?
Not sure if US is allowing visitor ?