+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Record Extension.. Questions

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
Hi Fellow Members,

I am filling the visitor record extension for mom mother-in-law so she can stay a bit longer with us. I was filling IMM 5708 and has some questions

1. The application asks us to upload a digital photo. Can we take a photo ourselves without a photographer and upload ? Is that permissible ?

2. Item #4 in page 3 asks us to "If applicable, provide the document number of the most recent Visitor Record, Study Permit, Work Permit or Temporary Resident Permit issued to you." She is applying for extension for the first time and has none of the above mentioned documents. Should we leave this blank ?

3. Item #2 in page 3 (Details of visit to Canada) asks "Indicate how long you plan to stay". In the From date, should I put the date her visitor record expires (i.e. 6 months from date of entry) or original date of landing in Canada ?

4. There is no place to indicate Reason for extension in this form. Is it necessary to provide a reason for extension in an additional Letter of Explanation since they do not ask for it ? I do not want to provide a reason if it is not specifically asked for

Akshit verma

Apr 20, 2019
Hi Fellow Members,

I am filling the visitor record extension for mom mother-in-law so she can stay a bit longer with us. I was filling IMM 5708 and has some questions

1. The application asks us to upload a digital photo. Can we take a photo ourselves without a photographer and upload ? Is that permissible ?

2. Item #4 in page 3 asks us to "If applicable, provide the document number of the most recent Visitor Record, Study Permit, Work Permit or Temporary Resident Permit issued to you." She is applying for extension for the first time and has none of the above mentioned documents. Should we leave this blank ?

3. Item #2 in page 3 (Details of visit to Canada) asks "Indicate how long you plan to stay". In the From date, should I put the date her visitor record expires (i.e. 6 months from date of entry) or original date of landing in Canada ?

4. There is no place to indicate Reason for extension in this form. Is it necessary to provide a reason for extension in an additional Letter of Explanation since they do not ask for it ? I do not want to provide a reason if it is not specifically asked for
1.) It's better if you get the picture clicked it from the photographer as it has sepcific dimension and it cost only $5-10 for the picture.

2.) You don't have to put anything in this and leave it blank.

3.) In this you have to put the next six month when she landed in Canada. Let's say if her 6 month expired on 2023-Jan-04 then you have to put 2023-Jan-05 till how long she wants to stay (but should not be exceeding 6 month.)

4.) Item #1 in page 3 (Purpose of my Visit) you can write why she wants to extend her visa.

hope this will help !!

Reactions: aphermix

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
1.) It's better if you get the picture clicked it from the photographer as it has sepcific dimension and it cost only $5-10 for the picture.

2.) You don't have to put anything in this and leave it blank.

3.) In this you have to put the next six month when she landed in Canada. Let's say if her 6 month expired on 2023-Jan-04 then you have to put 2023-Jan-05 till how long she wants to stay (but should not be exceeding 6 month.)

4.) Item #1 in page 3 (Purpose of my Visit) you can write why she wants to extend her visa.

hope this will help !!
Thank you so much Akshit,. I will do as you instructed.

Regarding the instruction of reason for visit, I understand there is a drop-down box on Item #1 in page 3. My question was whether I have to write a detailed letter stating the reason for extension or not ? I hate to write these long letters and if such a letter is not necessary, i would skip that.

Akshit verma

Apr 20, 2019
Thank you so much Akshit,. I will do as you instructed.

Regarding the instruction of reason for visit, I understand there is a drop-down box on Item #1 in page 3. My question was whether I have to write a detailed letter stating the reason for extension or not ? I hate to write these long letters and if such a letter is not necessary, i would skip that.
I am not sure whether to write a detailed letter or not.

Dan5683

Dec 6, 2022
What could be the reason for IRCC Requesting for IMM5475 F after waiting for 6 month+. Any reason for that, cos have been waiting for PPR yet nothing. Is there a chance am getting PPR soon?