+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor in Canada, Wanting Proof for Common-Law (driving license?)

jascampy

Mar 20, 2024
Hi! My American boyfriend is visiting me here in Canada, and we plan on doing a common-law sponsorship once we get to a full year. Currently we in the process of trying to get enough proof to show that we are going to be residing together for a year once we do the application.

On the Ontario site, it says that if an individual is fully licensed with 2+ years driving experience, they can get their license, but since he is only a "visitor" in Canada, I do not know if he can get it. However, I am currently in the process of getting him on the rental agreement.
So, if we show proof that he has an address here (the rental agreement), do you think that will be enough to get him an Ontario license?

Also, do you guys know any ways we can get proof of us living together? It is challenging since his status is a visitor in Canada, and we are currently living with my mother, so our names are not on any bills together. Maybe open up a joint savings account together if we can? Would that be enough?

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated! Thank you so much for your kindness in advance!!