+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor from visa exempt country

Dan2903

Oct 4, 2013
Hi, I'm not sure how this works. I'm hoping someone will know the answer to my question.
I am currently in Canada as a visitor (with a single entry visitor record valid for 6 months).
If I want to travel back to Australia over the holidays, will I need to change my single entry visitor record to a multiple entry visa in order to return to Canada? Or because I am from a visa exempt country will I be able to re-enter Canada and continue my stay for remainder of the single entry visitor record I currently have?
All answers much appreciated! I find this all so confusing!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Dan2903 said:
Hi, I'm not sure how this works. I'm hoping someone will know the answer to my question.
I am currently in Canada as a visitor (with a single entry visitor record valid for 6 months).
If I want to travel back to Australia over the holidays, will I need to change my single entry visitor record to a multiple entry visa in order to return to Canada? Or because I am from a visa exempt country will I be able to re-enter Canada and continue my stay for remainder of the single entry visitor record I currently have?
All answers much appreciated! I find this all so confusing!
1. Once you leave Canada, you visitor status ends.
2. When you return it is a new admission and you must meet the requirements. There is no guarantee of admission.
3. You are TRV exempt, so you don't require one.