+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor extension while waiting the response of study application

Mar 29, 2020
Hi
I am currently in Canada as a visitor and have applied for a study permit within Canada to change my status. My study permit application is still in progress. However, my initial six-month stay in Canada will expire in the next two days, so I have applied for an extension for another six months. Upon checking the IRCC website, it states that at least one month is required to apply for a visitor visa extension. My question is: is the procedure I have followed correct?
Thank you in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi
I am currently in Canada as a visitor and have applied for a study permit within Canada to change my status. My study permit application is still in progress. However, my initial six-month stay in Canada will expire in the next two days, so I have applied for an extension for another six months. Upon checking the IRCC website, it states that at least one month is required to apply for a visitor visa extension. My question is: is the procedure I have followed correct?
Thank you in advance.
If you applied for extension before expiry then you are fine. When did you apply for a study permit? What program?

Shiv@ni12

Jan 21, 2024
My study is going to complete on April 12, 2024 where my study permit is getting expired on April 30th. My study was supposed to begin in January but I took a defer and it started from May 2023. Now when my study permit is expiring on 30th April 2024, what should I do whether apply for a study permit extension or visitor visa because it will take time for my school to give the completion/graduation letter to apply for the work permit on time before April 30. Can I get the study permit extension.? ?