+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor extension approved with medical exam pending after leaving Canada

rexray

Jan 3, 2021
Hi, my parents applied for the visitor extension back in July and the application was just approved in December, with a medical exam required. However, my parents left Canada already in November. What should they do? Do they need to send a request to withdraw the application? Or can they simply ignore the medical exam since it's no longer necessary, but would that cause any problem on their record in the future?

Thanks in advance for any help with this!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, my parents applied for the visitor extension back in July and the application was just approved in December, with a medical exam required. However, my parents left Canada already in November. What should they do? Do they need to send a request to withdraw the application? Or can they simply ignore the medical exam since it's no longer necessary, but would that cause any problem on their record in the future?

You can attempt to get out of the medical but in general they must complete the medical because they took advantage of the extended time in Canada. You should have withdrawn the application when they left Canada.

annie464

Dec 25, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO, NOVA SCOTIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 21, 2016
Doc's Request.
Feb 13, 2017
AOR Received.
Oct 30, 2016
Med's Request
Nov 18, 2016
Med's Done....
Nov 19, 2016 RPRF PAID: Dec 16, 2016
You can attempt to get out of the medical but in general they must complete the medical because they took advantage of the extended time in Canada. You should have withdrawn the application when they left Canada.
hi canuck i have a similar situation with my parents too they applied for 1st extension and got approved until 6th october but flights got cancelled so they applied for 2nd extension now they left back to india on 6th november but application is still pending should i need to withdraw their application or can i ignore
when they got approved for 1st extension they went for medicals on 29th august
if i withdraw now that extra one month they stayed will be considered as illegal stay??
please help me

thanks

Benvictoria

Jul 2, 2019
Hi Rexray, I have exactly the same situation as yours. Did your parents do the medical?