+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"visitng" Canada til PR is approved and extending visit

I

iarblue

Correct and even if they give you like 3 4 weeks you can still apply for the extension.I think people get mixed up.US to Canada is prety easy and straight forward.Just have all your T's crossed.

can_80_n

Star Member
Mar 31, 2009
Quebec, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2010
AOR Received.
14-06-2010
File Transfer...
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
30-09-2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-02-2010
Hi all,

My husband (US Citizen) and I (Canadian Citizen) are driving to Quebec City this week from California. We will cross the border in Vermont (Derby Line) on Monday, June 7th.
Sponsorship has been approved and we are now just waiting on Buffalo. We are hoping to have no problems with him entering before receiving his PR :D
We have all of our documentation from our application, evidence that my husband can support himself until he gets his PR, and proof that he still has a job here in the US (he will work remotely from Canada until he gets his PR). We are prepared in the event they deny him entry as we are keeping our apartment here in California just in case. Hopefully we won't have to come back and he can join me in our house in Quebec. We only have a few things with us in the car, including 2 cats. The rest is all being sent with the movers (all the items are in my name). Moving back to Canada after 11 years!

We'll keep you all posted about our experience. I think it will all be fine! We're so excited! Leaving on Tuesday evening, June 1st. Celebrating tonight with some well deserved adult beverages.

Cheers!

michaelab

May 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
3-09-2010
File Transfer...
27-07-2010 (to Detroit 15/09/10)
Med's Done....
27-05-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-2010 (arrived 01-11-2010)
LANDED..........
23-12-2010
Let us know how the border crossing goes for you! I think its good that you are traveling together.

I am renting my place here in the States but will be leaving when the lease is almost up. Since its so expensive to rent I was going to wait to get another place til when I return (Or get sent back :'(). Technically when I cross I still have my current place but I am afraid that they might deny me due to the fact I don't have a new lease agreement on me. Do you guys think there will be a problem to convince IO that I won't overstay if I have no new lease? So far only ties that I have are the kids from my previous marrriage, a vehicle, a bank statement, and my current place which expires right after I cross). Will they be enough? I am a stay home mom so I have no jobs.
My friend says she will let me rent her place upon my coming back but since I am planning on to be gone for 6 months at least and not sure if I need her place to rent (hope PR will go thru) I hate to put anything down in writing.

can_80_n said:
Hi all,

My husband (US Citizen) and I (Canadian Citizen) are driving to Quebec City this week from California. We will cross the border in Vermont (Derby Line) on Monday, June 7th.
Sponsorship has been approved and we are now just waiting on Buffalo. We are hoping to have no problems with him entering before receiving his PR :D
We have all of our documentation from our application, evidence that my husband can support himself until he gets his PR, and proof that he still has a job here in the US (he will work remotely from Canada until he gets his PR). We are prepared in the event they deny him entry as we are keeping our apartment here in California just in case. Hopefully we won't have to come back and he can join me in our house in Quebec. We only have a few things with us in the car, including 2 cats. The rest is all being sent with the movers (all the items are in my name). Moving back to Canada after 11 years!

We'll keep you all posted about our experience. I think it will all be fine! We're so excited! Leaving on Tuesday evening, June 1st. Celebrating tonight with some well deserved adult beverages.

Cheers!