+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitir Visa application for parents rejected

nishanj

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
Hi, my parents had applied for visitor visa and they did their biometrics after getting a letter to have it done.
They received a notification now that their application is rejected, with the note "I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence. and based on the purpose of your visit"

Both their kids are in Canada with their families. and the purpose of visit was mentioned as to visit their children and grandchildren. They had also attached a return ticket from Mar - Sept 2020.
Is there any way they can email and let them know the return ticket was attached and therefore that was a strong evidence of their return? they had also attached proof of land ownership etc and mentioned in the cover letter that their presence is needed for the upkeep of the land etc.

Can anyone please help?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, my parents had applied for visitor visa and they did their biometrics after getting a letter to have it done.
They received a notification now that their application is rejected, with the note "I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence. and based on the purpose of your visit"

Both their kids are in Canada with their families. and the purpose of visit was mentioned as to visit their children and grandchildren. They had also attached a return ticket from Mar - Sept 2020.
Is there any way they can email and let them know the return ticket was attached and therefore that was a strong evidence of their return? they had also attached proof of land ownership etc and mentioned in the cover letter that their presence is needed for the upkeep of the land etc.

Can anyone please help?
An airline ticket is not evidence they will return home. It's very easy not to use half of a flight ticket.

To be approved, IRCC is looking for strong ties to the home country. What evidence of ties did your parents show?

It looks lkie your parents applied for a six month visit. This is a very long trip and shows they have very weak ties to their home country. You will need to reapply. You should shorten the trip to 2-3 weeks and include stronger proof of ties in the application. Do not buy an airline ticket until your parents have an approved visa.