+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa to Permanent Resident Visa

Legend

May 14, 2008
I am in Canada on visit visa with my wife and 2 small kids and I like to stay here legally to change my visa to PRV. What are the requirements for changing status while in Canada. If I get a skilled job from Employer can he file a papers with permananent job. Kindly help me out in this matter.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Legend said:
I am in Canada on visit visa with my wife and 2 small kids and I like to stay here legally to change my visa to PRV. What are the requirements for changing status while in Canada. If I get a skilled job from Employer can he file a papers with permananent job. Kindly help me out in this matter.
1. You can't apply in Canada.
2. You would have to find an employer that is either willing to obtain a Labour Market Opinion (No Canadians/PR available for the job) at which time you could apply for a work permit at an overseas office or the Border if you don't require a TRV or medical to enter Canada.
3. Otherwise you have to apply for a skilled work visa overseas, which can take anywhere from 2-6 years to process.

PMM

Legend

May 14, 2008
Thanks PMM for information: How much time take if employer file a papers to hire me. # 2 Q: If I buy a business such as convience store or any any other small business is this help me to file my case while in Canada to get PRV.