+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit visa and spouse visa

aliakif

Apr 30, 2014
Hello,
My wife is PR holder in Canada, we got married in Pakistan. she got invitation call for the citizenship, now she is in Canada for last 2 months. during his stay we got the pregnancy news. so we plan our baby birth in Canada. for this i need to visit her. she in not earning there, she is living with her brother and parents. kindly guide me what should be the best way...?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The best way is for you to get a visit visa. Spousal visa takes too long and you have no intention to reside in Canada.

If the above option does not work out, your wife can always give birth in Canada without you. I think her brother would give her and child support.

aliakif

Apr 30, 2014
ok, how long it take to get spousal visa?? and what is the procedure of invitation letter, i mean is she write it on simple paper by own or have to send thwr some layer or agent?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since your wife is not employed, your brother in law from Canada would have to invite you to come to Canada for a visit and send the invitation letter to you. You don't need a lawyer to do so. Since your visa office is Islamabad, spousal visa might takes up to 33 months (way after your child was born).

aliakif

Apr 30, 2014
so you mean, for visit visa my brother-in-law have to send me invitation or my wife, right?? now the is the way of send letter, means on simple paper or some legal paper provided by government??

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your brother-in-law will have to send you an invitation letter with supporting documents (see the application checklist for details). Which government department provide legal paper?

In Canada, people send their letters either by air mail or use courier service such as UPS. Don't they do the same in Pakistan?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aliakif said:
Hello,
My wife is PR holder in Canada, we got married in Pakistan. she got invitation call for the citizenship, now she is in Canada for last 2 months. during his stay we got the pregnancy news. so we plan our baby birth in Canada. for this i need to visit her. she in not earning there, she is living with her brother and parents. kindly guide me what should be the best way...?
1. Your chances of getting a visit visa depend on how strong your ties are to Pakistan (employment, business, family) versus those in any other country and especially Canada.

2. Your wife is an extremely strong if not the strongest tie you have in Canada so the visa officer will likely take the view you won't leave once in Canada. Add to this that she is expecting and there is even less incentive to depart Canada. Further you can go for inland sponsorship in Canada under the Family Class which just adds to the risk of you staying.

3. There may be concerns to about how she will support you given her unemployment...visa officers usually dislike/disregard offers of support form 3rd parties even if family because even if made in good faith may not be reliable. Limited finances means visa officer will think you may work illegally again added to this is that you will have a child and thus an incentive to work and support.

4. But no harm in trying. Good luck.