+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Outside Canada during my PR application

poojarajput76

Dec 17, 2019
Hey guys, if anyone can answer. Can I go outside of Canada during my PR Process. I am currently on Work Permit and got my PR invite and have also filled application for PR.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
What kind of application for PR is it? You say invite so I assume EE.

If you leave Canada, given COVID, there's every chance you won't be able to get back (cancelled flights, rumoured new restrictions, airlines not letting you board, etc)

poojarajput76

Dec 17, 2019
What kind of application for PR is it? You say invite so I assume EE.

If you leave Canada, given COVID, there's every chance you won't be able to get back (cancelled flights, rumoured new restrictions, airlines not letting you board, etc)
I am just concerned, if by chance I travel and come back eventually will this affect my PR process. Yes, i got invite under CEC class

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I am just concerned, if by chance I travel and come back eventually will this affect my PR process. Yes, i got invite under CEC class
The point being is why would you even take the chance ? The government is going to introduce stricter measures in the coming days. If you leave, since you are not a Citizen/PR, they could introduce measures where you just wont be allowed back into the country. Simple as that. Then what would you do ? Seriously. It is a PANDEMIC.

Trudeau says new travel restrictions will be introduced soon | CBC News

Reactions: k.h.p.

cmc2020

Jul 14, 2020
Others have pointed out some valid points about stricter measures that you will need to consider. However, if you have to leave for essential reason, I have WP also, was able to cross the border (essential reason) to the U.S., and returned. I did have to self-isolate for 14 days upon my return. It did not affect our PR application.

Reactions: poojarajput76

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
It shouldn't have an impact on your PR application, but I am aware of at least one person, who applied Family Class inland, who completed their PR application but was told to fill out an online declaration form confirming they are in Canada to complete the process. They cannot, because they are not in Canada. They cannot get back on an airplane to come to Canada either.

This is just a possible outcome, though it isn't completely applicable in your case since I don't believe EE are doing the portal confirmation (they may be and I may be wrong on this).

Reactions: poojarajput76