+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Canada again in a year

Feb 8, 2011
I came to Canada in July 2010 and got married to a canadian citizen. While my papers were being completed i had to exit the country since my 6 months stay was up...My case should be filed in 15 or 20 days and currently i am in my home country.. My question is can i visit my husband again in a month on visitor's visa while my PR is being processed???

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Depends on where you're from. Shame you didn't realize that you could have filed an application to extend your original temporary status - as long as you submitted the extension ap before your status expired, and you could show proof that you had a PR ap in process, it probably would have been approved. You are not required to be in your home country in order to submit an outland application for permanent status.

If you are non-visa-exempt, you will probably not now be able to get a new TRV to come back. If you are visa-exempt, you will have trouble getting past a port-of-entry because of the relationship and the PR ap unless (1) your sponsor is with you, able to support your claim of the relationship and the PR ap with proof of the legal marriage and the PR ap in process, and proof that he is employed and can support you while you wait with him, or (2) proof that you have sufficient ties to home that you will be compelled to return. You'd need, in that case, to be able to show proof of a current job, and a lease or mortgage for property at home that you intend to return to. In that case, it's totally up to the discretion of the officer who allows you entry whether to believe you actually intend to go back home. And they will not tell you that you can apply to extend once you're in Canada. If your sponsor is accompanying you, though, they will caution him to be sure that you apply to extend your status if you intend to remain in Canada beyond the validity of the status they give you (usually a Visitor Record for a visa-exempt national) on entry.