+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Shortened, process confusing

Jezabel

Feb 10, 2012
Hey!
In jan I had problems with customs, the officer shortened my visa to April, and gave me conditions (health check) which I have gotten done, then told me I had to call the number on the back of my visa, and to make sure I reapply a month in advance. I called the number which led me to the CIC website.
I am so confused, I'm sure I am applying for the restoration of my visa (so it will go back to its original date) but what happens with all of my medical results? Basically what I am asking is what the heck do I need to do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Jezabel said:
Hey!
In jan I had problems with customs, the officer shortened my visa to April, and gave me conditions (health check) which I have gotten done, then told me I had to call the number on the back of my visa, and to make sure I reapply a month in advance. I called the number which led me to the CIC website.
I am so confused, I'm sure I am applying for the restoration of my visa (so it will go back to its original date) but what happens with all of my medical results? Basically what I am asking is what the heck do I need to do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
1. No, you are applying for an extension, not restoration.
2. The Officer probably shorten your stay as you were going to be in Canada for more than 6 months and you came from a medically designated country. So assuming you have had the medical at the DMP, then you apply for the extension.

Jezabel

Feb 10, 2012
I am from Australia, health checks were done so I can work with children, I called the doctors surgery and the receptionist told me immigration would contact me after they got all my results back. This still doesn't sound right to me though.