+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa(s) ready for issuance

David88

Apr 7, 2011
Hi Folks,

I am in a process of sponsoring my wife from Pakistan. I submitted the application in October 2010. After a long process my wife received a letter from CHC Islamabad on March 12, 2012 saying "your visa(s) appear to be ready for issuance but before we can issue visa please submit the following information". The info such as present mailing address, applicant birth date, height, weight and latest photos etc. were requested. Furthermore there were instructions for efficient return of passport and the original docs. The required info was submitted on March 20, 2012. Since then CHC has not requested submission of passport. Can anybody tell me how much further time will they take to issue the visa??? Please note that my wife hasn't been interviewed throughout the whole process.

David

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
You're sure they didn't request the passports? It seems odd to me they'd provide information regarding how to get back the passports and original documents when they didn't request the passports in the first place!

David88

Apr 7, 2011
The exact words of the letter are:

"your visa(s) appear(s) to be ready for issuance"

"You should not commit to any travel plans, purchase tickets or take any irrevocable action such as selling of property, or resign from employment unless you have received your passports and visas."

"Before we can issue visa(s) you must:"

and then there are instructions for submission of information which has already provided to them in different application forms such as present mailing address, applicant birth date, height, weight and latest photos etc. Furthermore they have explained return of passports under the following headings:

-Applicants residing in Afghanistan or outside Pakistan
Supply proper mailing address
Do not send passport(s) through international courier if you are currently residing outside Pakistan.
-Applicants residing in Pakistan, Afghanistan and outside Pakistan.
This office cannot send passport to P.O box or village address.
This office does not send passport by registered or ordinary mail.
This office cannot send passport outside Pakistan.
-Photo instructions to photographer
This include instructions to photographer which most of them already know.

suki

Nov 26, 2010
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2011
AOR Received.
20-10-2011
Med's Done....
29-07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
LANDED..........
04-05-2012
I recieved the same letter, and my husband senrt in his passport along with that letter, I believe that letter is a passport request.

David88

Apr 7, 2011
Thanks for your reply ... Now the situation is that the form was filled and sent back to CHC Islamabad without passports. What should be my next step. I do have a scanned copy of that form (unfilled). Is it advisable to re-send that form after filling it along with passports? or I should wait for a response from CHC-Islamabad.

Bajie

Nov 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2011
File Transfer...
17-01-2012
Med's Done....
13-10-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
16-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012
I received an email like that only requesting copies of the passport pages. Since my husband is from a visa exempt country I thought he needed to send his passport. To be sure, I emailed the VO and they said that I was correct and they revised the email

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
David88 said:
Thanks for your reply ... Now the situation is that the form was filled and sent back to CHC Islamabad without passports. What should be my next step. I do have a scanned copy of that form (unfilled). Is it advisable to re-send that form after filling it along with passports? or I should wait for a response from CHC-Islamabad.
Send them a case specific enquiry via http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp explaining the situation ... that you submitted the documents requested and are ready to submit your passports. Hopefully they will reply with instructions. If not and you are going to mail your passport in directly, then include copies of the documents they asked for again so that they don't need to find the two envelopes and put them together.

David88

Apr 7, 2011
Thanks people ... really appreciate your guidance ... I will try to mail them a case specific inquiry ... and will keep posting the Proceedings .