+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visa rejection for aunt implications on host

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
hello I am a PR of Canada. I invited my aunt(mothers sister) and her family to visit me. Her husband is a judge back home and her kids are in university. They have visas for the USA and Europe and have multiple travel history. I provided a letter of invitation stating that I would be hosting them and I provided my PR card copy. Just heard that their visa got rejected. My question is will IRCC include some kind of note on my file which would impact my citizenship process or supervisa extension for my parents, applying for PR for my parents etc. neither me nor my parents have ever been rejected for Canadian visas before.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hello I am a PR of Canada. I invited my aunt(mothers sister) and her family to visit me. Her husband is a judge back home and her kids are in university. They have visas for the USA and Europe and have multiple travel history. I provided a letter of invitation stating that I would be hosting them and I provided my PR card copy. Just heard that their visa got rejected. My question is will IRCC include some kind of note on my file which would impact my citizenship process or supervisa extension for my parents, applying for PR for my parents etc. neither me nor my parents have ever been rejected for Canadian visas before.
No impact to you.

Reactions: Aspiring Canadian

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
im curious to see why the were rejected since I was looking forward to seeing them. My parents think its because of COVID border closures etc but i doubt that since they're still processing application as per the IRCC website. They have excellent finances and travel history. Will ask my aunt what they said on the rejection letter. However glad to know that it wont impact me.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
im curious to see why the were rejected since I was looking forward to seeing them. My parents think its because of COVID border closures etc but i doubt that since they're still processing application as per the IRCC website. They have excellent finances and travel history. Will ask my aunt what they said on the rejection letter. However glad to know that it wont impact me.
No - it's not due to COVID. It's for other reasons.