+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Office Requested to Process of your Application -Buffalo/US or Delhi/India?

mackbabu

Jun 30, 2008
Hi

Need one claification please
Iam applying under CEC (returned to India Oct 2008 after working for 3 years in Canada under Work permit)
There is a field in PR Application form "Visa Office Requested to Process of your Application"
Do i need to fill up Buffalo/US or Delhi/India , since I heard all CEC applications are routed directly to Buffalo/US office.
Please advise

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mackbabu said:
Hi

Need one claification please
Iam applying under CEC (returned to India Oct 2008 after working for 3 years in Canada under Work permit)
There is a field in PR Application form "Visa Office Requested to Process of your Application"
Do i need to fill up Buffalo/US or Delhi/India , since I heard all CEC applications are routed directly to Buffalo/US office.
Please advise

Delhi/India and they will trasfer your appliocation to Buffalo visa office and any communication between you and Buffalo Like interview will be in Delhi visa office on behalf of Buffalo:

"I want to apply for Canadian permanent residence in the Canada Experience category. Where should I send my application?

If you are still residing in Canada or the United States, you should submit your application to the Buffalo Visa Office.

If you are no longer residing in Canada or the United States, you should submit your application to the Canadian Visa Office serving your country of nationality. That Visa Office will transfer your file to the Buffalo Visa Office for processing."

The source : http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/federal_worker_faq_travailleur_federal.aspx?lang=eng

Question number 2

"Note: Overseas visa offices may be called upon to conduct interviews for the Buffalo VisaOffice should the need arise. These interviews may be required to confirm aspects of theclient's eligibility, including the need to interview family members as part of the applicationprocess"

Page number 18

Putting an application into process
If all of the above requirements are met, the visa office should:
• indicate acceptance of the application by date-stamping;
• accept the processing fee;
• create a B file in CAIPS; and
• transfer the file to Buffalo in line with existing file-transfer policies.

Lock-in occurs only when a properly completed application has been submitted (see OP1, Section 5.24). Transferred files should be sent by private courier, as diplomatic bagmay take a significant amount of time to reach Buffalo.

Page 8

The source : http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/resources/manuals/op/op25-eng.pdf