+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa for Pharmacy Professional Examination

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
T

Thanks for replying. Since the reason for going to Canada is just for an exam, is it likely the duration of stay will be up to a month? Or you would be told to leave as soon as you're done with the exam since its a one day event. Pls someone that has gone for an exam in Canada before should throw more light.
It is a case by case decision. If you are visiting Canada to take your PEBCs you don’t need to be in Canada for months. You are usually granted a few weeks at a minimum unless there are significant concerns and you ,Amy be returned that day or the next day.

Reactions: May-ree

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Pls I would also like to know if one is allowed to travel months ahead of the exam (as soon as you get the visa) or do you only go when the exam date is close?
Yes there could be concerns about why you need to arrive months before a one day exam. Depends on your case and the visa officer. If you can stay for months it usually means you are not employed in your country which can lead to concerns about whether you are trying to find employment in Canada.

May-ree

Aug 23, 2019
Yes there could be concerns about why you need to arrive months before a one day exam. Depends on your case and the visa officer. If you can
Yes there could be concerns about why you need to arrive months before a one day exam. Depends on your case and the visa officer. If you can stay for months it usually means you are not employed in your country which can lead to concerns about whether you are trying to find employment in Canada.
Thanks for taking out time to respond. How about going months before the exam date so as to prepare adequately. Because I think preparing from within Canada and outside of Canada will produce different results. For example, there are more resources at your disposal when you are within Canada. You can attend tutorial classes, meet on a one to one basis with individuals who have successfully gone through the PEBC exams. Interact with already licensed pharmacists and have an idea of how pharmacy practice is and what is required of you......
In your opinion are these enough reasons to go ahead of time?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can certainly try but no guarantees. If you want to come early a month would likely sound more reasonable to CBSA than multiple months. The only things that will be somewhat relevant would be attending tutorials or speaking to people who have passed the PEBCs but that can be done via Skype or FaceTime. Don’t think you want to speak to current pharmacists. They will only complain about the profession going downhill.

It always will come down to the CBSA agent.

May-ree

Aug 23, 2019
Thanks a lot for replying.
Talking about meeting with people online as well as getting resources for the exam. Please permit me to ask if you have gone through the PEBC exams or you're in the process? I'm also applying for the evaluating exam in January and would appreciate exchange of information with colleagues who are also writing or even those who have passed the exams. Thank you. \a\
You can certainly try but no guarantees. If you want to come early a month would likely sound more reasonable to CBSA than multiple months. The only things that will be somewhat relevant would be attending tutorials or speaking to people who have passed the PEBCs but that can be done via Skype or FaceTime. Don’t think you want to speak to current pharmacists. They will only complain about the profession going downhill.

It always will come down to the CBSA agent.

Marosz

Sep 16, 2019
Hello everyone,
Good luck for all of you.
Please I'd also like to know about the invitation letter by pebc
Did you ask for it in order to sit the exam before or after booking your test and paying the fees ?

Reactions: Intianu

Intianu

Star Member
Mar 31, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
NOC Code......
Hello everyone,
Good luck for all of you.
Please I'd also like to know about the invitation letter by pebc
Did you ask for it in order to sit the exam before or after booking your test and paying the fees ?
Pebc Invitation letter comes after you complete your exam application process and pay all necessary fees.

Reactions: Marosz

Marosz

Sep 16, 2019
Please, if I'm planning to sit the june 2020 evaluating exam, when is the earliest time i can apply for a visa ?? Before six month is it possible ?!

tahirrabiu

Apr 30, 2021
Yes I got my TRV. I am set for PEBC Evaluation Exam coming January 8th 2020.
PEBC Invitation letter was very helpful.:)
Hello Initianu, please if you don’t mind, could you tell me the other documents you provided to be granted the TRV especially for proof of ties? I am nervous. I want to attend the January 2022 exam. Thank you.

Stranger22

Sep 8, 2021
Hey I have received the document evaluation completion report but not any other document that mention the exam date
I have the paid fees receipt from pebc
Did you receive invitation letter ? If yes did you ask for it