+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa for my wife

N_rockstar

Dec 27, 2013
Hi,

I am currently working in Alberta under post-grad work permit. I applied for PR two months ago. I got married three weeks before. Now, I am in Canada and my wife is in Bangladesh.

I would like to invite her to visit me. If she applies for visa, she will get it for 6 months. But I want her to stay with me forever. What are the steps I should follow to do this? Could you please let me know whether the following steps are good?

1. Applying for Temporary resident visa
2. Once she comes here, applying for work permit. I am wondering whether she is eligible to apply for work permit or not when she enters Canada as a visitor.
3. Adding her to my PR application

For Temporary visitor visa, I will have to provide an invitation letter. My question is - should I mention in the letter that she will stay in Canada for 6 months, although I want her to stay for more than 6 months? I want her to come ASAP and don't want to get her visa rejected. If you have any idea, please please feel free to share.

shabuntus

Dec 17, 2013
If you need your wife in Canada ASAP, then i will advice you to invite her as a visitor, when she is in the system, you won't have much pressure as a husband and your marriage life will go on smoothly.
The rest will follow systematically, she can extend her stay for 6 more months, she can even apply for Open Work permit. The most important thing is getting her into the system ASAP, that is what you have to do and visit visa is the best option.