+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa for my widow mother

SachinJ

Aug 7, 2021
Hi Team,

I am about to move to canada on work permit ( within 3-4 months). I have my wife, daughter and mother with me in family, my father is no more. I would like to know option to bring my mother with me.
Difficulty in moving with wife as my mother is living alone.

What are the visa options available with me for my mother?

My mother is pensioner in home country as my father was policeman

Can my mother apply for visitor visa? I have a sister and she is married,
Can she be reason for home ties for my mother?

PLease advise

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Team,

I am about to move to canada on work permit ( within 3-4 months). I have my wife, daughter and mother with me in family, my father is no more. I would like to know option to bring my mother with me.

PLease advise
The only option for your mother at this time is a TRV. This will allow her to visit you temporarily in Canada but not move to Canada or stay in Canada long term. If possible, your mother should show other ties such as property, assets, or pension payments. It would be best for you and your family to move to Canada first and live there for a few months before your mother applies for the TRV

SachinJ

Aug 7, 2021
The only option for your mother at this time is a TRV. This will allow her to visit you temporarily in Canada but not move to Canada or stay in Canada long term. If possible, your mother should show other ties such as property, assets, or pension payments. It would be best for you and your family to move to Canada first and live there for a few months before your mother applies for the TRV
Thank you for reply.

Is there any minimum duration before I apply for TRV?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for reply.

Is there any minimum duration before I apply for TRV?
There is no minimum duration. She can apply now if she wants to.

However if she waits 6 months after you have moved to Canada before she applies, this will create less chance that IRCC will be concerned she plans to move with you and has plans to remain in Canada long term.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Team,

PLease advise
You will need to leave for Canada with the knowledge that your mother may not be able to get a TRV. If she doesn’t want to remain alone she should make arrangements to stay close to her daughter. If there are any concerns that your mother wants to move with you to Canada or stay longterm she will be denied a visa. In general she will only be a visitor in Canada so even if she is granted a TRV you must make plans knowing she’ll need to return to India. If you are not comfortable moving to Canada knowing that your mother will be expected to live in India more than visiting Canada than working in Canada may not be a good option for your family. You should also be open with your mother that moving to Canada with you is not an option.

Reactions: YVR123

Sonu1984

Jan 9, 2022
Hi,
Hi Team,

PLease advise
hi I am in the situation as yours, was you mother visitor visa approved. If yes what documents have you attached for home ties.