+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa expiry date express entry

Evetgzh

Feb 22, 2019
Hello everyone,
I received the RFV email recently, and did my medical exam in August 2022, they did not ask for a new medical exam from me before the RFV email came in..
My medical status changed to 'passed" medical exam two days ago..
I am wondering how much time will I have to land in Canada once they stamp the passport?
Since my medical was August 2022, and they did not ask for one again, should I assume it has been extended till 2024 and I have till August 2024 to land?
I'm very worried, I appreciate your help.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello everyone,
I received the RFV email recently, and did my medical exam in August 2022, they did not ask for a new medical exam from me before the RFV email came in..
My medical status changed to 'passed" medical exam two days ago..
I am wondering how much time will I have to land in Canada once they stamp the passport?
Since my medical was August 2022, and they did not ask for one again, should I assume it has been extended till 2024 and I have till August 2024 to land?
I'm very worried, I appreciate your help.
You'll have to wait and see (if your online profile does not provide a new date for the medical - I don't recall). The medical officer has discretion to decide effective date. I think they do often just extend it by a year but it might have been to provide eg three months from the expected time of issuance.

Reactions: Evetgzh