+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa based on partnership business and investment

Kadmkv

Oct 28, 2022
Hi,

I own a restaurant business in Canada. My Sister who currently lives in India would like to partner me in this business by making further investments. If I partner my sister in my business and she makes further investment, Can she come to Canada for business trip or can she granted business visa to travel to Canada ?

Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I own a restaurant business in Canada. My Sister who currently lives in India would like to partner me in this business by making further investments. If I partner my sister in my business and she makes further investment, Can she come to Canada for business trip or can she granted business visa to travel to Canada ?

Thank you
For what purpose is she investing in the business. She can invest in your business but cannot work in Canada for the the business. She would not be eligible for a business visa as she cannot work in the business and her business dealings must be outside Canada.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/business/visitors-events-conferences.html

Kadmkv

Oct 28, 2022
For what purpose is she investing in the business. She can invest in your business but cannot work in Canada for the the business. She would not be eligible for a business visa as she cannot work in the business and her business dealings must be outside Canada.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/business/visitors-events-conferences.html
Thanks

She is looking to migrate to Canada, So options like start up business or partnership business was something she is looking forward to. Can she come to visit the business on tourist visa if she can not work ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks

She is looking to migrate to Canada, So options like start up business or partnership business was something she is looking forward to. Can she come to visit the business on tourist visa if she can not work ?
A restaurant is not eligible for a start up visa. Start up visa required angel investors or business incubator to research and get your business off the ground like in IT. Research the province you are living in and what the requirements are for PNP entrepreneur programs. She may have to buy a majority stake in the business as well as show a net worth of hundreds of thousands of dollars. She then has to commit spending most of her net worth on the business. Restaurants may not be eligible because purpose of entrepreneur programs is to show economic benefits and that she will hire more Canadians. Many restaurants fail in the first year. She will need a business plan and show her experience as a restaurant owner. Is your restaurant a franchise or you are franchising it?

She can visit you but can have nothing to do with your restaurant. She is a tourist.

Last edited:

Kadmkv

Oct 28, 2022
A restaurant is not eligible for a start up visa. Research the province you are living in and what the requirements are for PNP entrepreneur programs. She may have to buy a majority stake in the business as well as show a net work of hundreds of thousands of dollars. She then has to commit spending most of her net worth on the business. Restaurants may not be eligible because purpose of entrepreneur programs is to show economic benefits and that she will hire more Canadians. She will need a business plan and show her experience as a restaurant owner. Is your restaurant a franchise or you are franchising it.

She can visit you but can have nothing to do with your restaurant. She is a tourist.

Thank you

I have my own restaurant not franchise in Saskatchewan, I understand the purpose of entrepreneur program is to show economic benefits, So is creating jobs for Canadian citizens or immigrations through business can be considered contributing towards economy ? If she becomes partner by making investment in my business and assumes 51% share holding, does she still need business plan ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you

I have my own restaurant not franchise in Saskatchewan, I understand the purpose of entrepreneur program is to show economic benefits, So is creating jobs for Canadian citizens or immigrations through business can be considered contributing towards economy ? If she becomes partner by making investment in my business and assumes 51% share holding, does she still need business plan ?
https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/live-in-saskatchewan/by-immigrating/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/browse-sinp-programs/entrepreneur/applicants-entrepreneurs

Read the requirements. She needs a net work of $500k and spend at least $200k in the business if not in Regina or Saskatoon. There are a lot of legal requirements as your business needs to be evaluated.

Kadmkv

Oct 28, 2022