+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa approved without biometrics, and not stamped in passport!?

Jan 19, 2023
Hello everyone,

I am from Serbia and 3 years ago I applied for work permit over representative, lawyer office from Serbia and their associates from Toronto. In November 2022. the IRCC Vienna, as lawyer told me, requested passport for visa stamping. I handed my passport over to them, and they told that it has been sent for visa stamping. After a while they told me that my passport arrived to their office and I can come to pick it up, but they had a situation with a violent client in office and IRCC advised them to hand over visas to embassy in Serbia until that case is solved, but I can pick the passport up at any moment.
I asked if everything was alright with my application and they told me that everything is fine, but that is just a situation they have to deal with.
A couple of days later that situation has been solved, but visa is still blocked for "unknown reason", and I need to wait a little bit to find out what is happening, as embassy didn't give them any information. Also, they told me that after a lot of frauds of copying visas there is now a new visa type that is not stamped in passport and instead of that there is a separated "special paper" that cannot be copied.

Also, I was never invited to give biometrics, and never gave one. And, I didn't receive usual request for medical examination, they just told me what analysis to do and I can do it in any facility I want, to translate them at a legal notary and hand them over to their office. They told me that they have the possibility to do it in a simplified way because they are lawyers, and that's reason why I don't need to go to designated authorized doctor (Panel Physician).

Can someone help me and tell if you had or heard about the similar procedure?
How is possible that visa is not stamped (glued) in passport?
How is possible that IRCC approved my visa and requested passport without my biometrics?
Is this kind of medical examination from "unauthorized by Canada medical institution" possible?

Or, is this some kind of fraud and am I just being scammed?

Last edited: