+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa approved (4 days) - University Checklist

sunnykm

Mar 20, 2014
Got my study permit approved today. Applied via Pune vfs on Monday (5 may) and today morning I received an email with approval letter from CHC. VFS status changed to passport dispatched in afternoon.

I applied under university category. Some insights that could help others.

1) I strictly followed the university checklist
2) I wrote a statement of purpose explaining my purpose of studying in Canada. I believe this bit is tricky and you need to honestly explain why this study is important to you and your future prospects in your country.
3) If you are planning to give IELTS, try your best to get a good score. I have 8 bands overall and this may have helped me.
4) I had nothing notarized. I got a affidavit letter from my father (sponsor) which was signed by him and also his bank account statement and salary slips (all self attested by my father)
5) I had put in my account statement as well to show some money(again self attested by me)
6) I was skeptical about getting a GIC earlier, but anyways I got it to make my case stronger. If you have money in your account, consider to purchase a GIC. The GIC processing fee is currently $100 by scotia bank. So after transferring $10100 you get $10000 GIC. But that $100 is worth it when you get a study permit.
7) My profile is Software engineer with 4 years work experience going to MUN for MBA. I think my stable job in India with multinational companies explains why I will return after my MBA.

I have a question for the senior members of this forum. I got my letter for approval today. But I found there was a small correction needed in my address. So i mailed delhi -im - enquiry @ international.gc.ca for that. Is this the right way to change the address?

tipsy

Oct 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Med's Request
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
01-12-2018
Interview........
30-04-2019
sunnykm said:
Got my study permit approved today. Applied via Pune vfs on Monday (5 may) and today morning I received an email with approval letter from CHC. VFS status changed to passport dispatched in afternoon.

2) I wrote a statement of purpose explaining my purpose of studying in Canada. I believe this bit is tricky and you need to honestly explain why this study is important to you and your future prospects in your country.
3) If you are planning to give IELTS, try your best to get a good score. I have 8 bands overall and this may have helped me.
4) I had nothing notarized. I got a affidavit letter from my father (sponsor) which was signed by him and also his bank account statement and salary slips (all self attested by my father)
5) I had put in my account statement as well to show some money(again self attested by me)
6) I was skeptical about getting a GIC earlier, but anyways I got it to make my case stronger. If you have money in your account, consider to purchase a GIC. The GIC processing fee is currently $100 by scotia bank. So after transferring $10100 you get $10000 GIC. But that $100 is worth it when you get a study permit.
7) My profile is Software engineer with 4 years work experience going to MUN for MBA. I think my stable job in India with multinational companies explains why I will return after my MBA.

I have a question for the senior members of this forum. I got my letter for approval today. But I found there was a small correction needed in my address. So i mailed delhi -im - enquiry @ international.gc.ca for that. Is this the right way to change the address?
Do you know if there is something like GIC for non-indian nationality? I want to make my application bit stronger like yours. Thanks!

lovedeepsingh

Oct 15, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
IELTS Request
25-12-2013
Med's Done....
30-1-2014
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2014
LANDED..........
2 Aug 2014
tipsy said:
Do you know if there is something like GIC for non-indian nationality? I want to make my application bit stronger like yours. Thanks!
Just follw the check list of your home country.
If GIC is not required then dont do it.Instead just show that money in your bank account.

sunnykm

Mar 20, 2014
I agree with atush on this one. MUN MBA fees is $5718 for full course. There are additional fees in other courses but not in MBA :D. This is clearly seen in minimum expense form of MUN. Hence this MBA has immense value for money.

tipsy

Oct 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Med's Request
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
01-12-2018
Interview........
30-04-2019

tormentor

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone got their visa processed by applying online for Fall'14. I had applied online on 22nd Feb for my visa (Univ of Waterloo, Fall'14) and have not received any response since then. Even case specific queries failed to elicit any response. Any idea what should be the next course of action?

tipsy

Oct 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Med's Request
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
01-12-2018
Interview........
30-04-2019
tormentor said:
Has anyone got their visa processed by applying online for Fall'14. I had applied online on 22nd Feb for my visa (Univ of Waterloo, Fall'14) and have not received any response since then. Even case specific queries failed to elicit any response. Any idea what should be the next course of action?
just try sending an email again. BTW, congrats in your univ of waterloo, i saw in their admission that you need to undergo online test and interview. so how is it?

tormentor

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have already mailed them thrice. I don't think that is speeding up the process any further. :(
And yes, there is often an interview but not any online test (at least not that I am aware of)

kaulvirus

Star Member
Nov 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tormentor said:
I have already mailed them thrice. I don't think that is speeding up the process any further. :(
And yes, there is often an interview but not any online test (at least not that I am aware of)
I was wondering if your acknowledgement letter mentioned New Delhi anywhere? I've also applied online (in japan) but I have no clue if my application is being processed in Philippines or in Canada. Previously the Japanese website claimed the applications would be processed in Canada but now it mentions that all applications would goto Manila. The letter I received from CIC is very basic, doesn't mention anything other than the application number. My wife and I have also applied for a student visa/open work permit for fall 2014 but as we are relocating back to India, I am not sure who to contact.

tormentor

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kaulvirus said:
I was wondering if your acknowledgement letter mentioned New Delhi anywhere? I've also applied online (in japan) but I have no clue if my application is being processed in Philippines or in Canada. Previously the Japanese website claimed the applications would be processed in Canada but now it mentions that all applications would goto Manila. The letter I received from CIC is very basic, doesn't mention anything other than the application number. My wife and I have also applied for a student visa/open work permit for fall 2014 but as we are relocating back to India, I am not sure who to contact.
Yes, the acknowledgement letter was from New Delhi embassy.

Anil_Pandey

Jul 4, 2013
sunnykm said:

Hey Sunny, congrats for the visa.
I got into the MUN MBA Fall 2014 batch and got a few queries of my own. How can I contact you?

fazeel

Jan 26, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunnykm said: