+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Application hasn't been replied yet. Worried

Maaze

Aug 21, 2019
Hello, my name is Adeyosola, a citizen of Nigeria. I applied online for visa to study in Canada on the 4th of June 2019, and gave my biometrics on the 11th of June 2019. I received a tracking number on the same day. Inputted my tracking number the next day and When my tracking number didn't bring up any file i contacted the application centre and I was told it has already been sent to the embassy for decision. Since then till now I haven't received any message yet and I've had to request for a deferral to January because my initial admission was stated for September. Am just curious to know if this delay is normal because when I checked processing times it was 6-7weeks. So am worried. Doesn't lengthy delay in application normally lead to a refusal?

monitunde

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Hi, you have taken a wise decision because I think there are lot of application presently from Nigeria so just hope soonest.

Maaze

Aug 21, 2019
Hi, you have taken a wise decision because I think there are lot of application presently from Nigeria so just hope soonest.
Thanks, the school replied and informed me to wait for my visa to either be approved or rejected before any defer can be given. But my question still stands.. Is this delay in visa application normal, especially in Nigeria or am I just unlucky?