+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VISA and CEC. URGENT. Visa expiring soon !

agitator

Jul 5, 2011
Hi,

Just a question I need to figure out. I will be applying for PR under CEC since I hold a BFA degree from Emily Carr University of Art and Design.

1. My Multiple Entry Visa ends in September 2nd 2014. and my three year Work Visa November 2014.

2. I can still stay back in Canada and work if I apply for my PR right ?

Will I be given another multiple entry VISA to travel out of Canada during my PR application process ?

Thanks !

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
agitator said:
Hi,

Just a question I need to figure out. I will be applying for PR under CEC since I hold a BFA degree from Emily Carr University of Art and Design.

1. My Multiple Entry Visa ends in September 2nd 2014. and my three year Work Visa November 2014.

2. I can still stay back in Canada and work if I apply for my PR right ?

Will I be given another multiple entry VISA to travel out of Canada during my PR application process ?

Thanks !
You can always apply for re-entry visa while you are on your work-permit. Before it's expired you can either extend your work permit through LMO (which eventually will grant you the ability to apply for another re-entry visa) OR you can apply for a temporary visitor permit, which will grant you 6 months till the PR goes through. With this one you can't work, you can't study and you can't apply for re-entry visa.

Just to make sure, under CEC category you need to have canadian work experience for 1 year.

Good luck

agitator

Jul 5, 2011
Thanks for your reply !

"With this one you can't work, you can't study and you can't apply for re-entry visa."

1. So my present working VISA expires in November. I should apply for one now. How long does it take to get renewed Working VISA ? For how long can that work VISA be extended ?

2. Should I first apply for my PR and then apply for VISA extension ?

Please advice.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
agitator said:
Thanks for your reply !

"With this one you can't work, you can't study and you can't apply for re-entry visa."

1. So my present working VISA expires in November. I should apply for one now.

Depends. Are you eligible?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/extend-stay.asp

Depends - are you eligible?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

Dr_Midnite

Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2014
Doc's Request.
21-03-2014
AOR Received.
19-02-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 30-10-2014
LANDED..........
15-11-2014
Hi

If your work visa expires then you cannot work. You will need your employer to apply for and obtain a new LMO, this can then be used for you to obtain another work visa. I suggest you explore this option as soon as possible.

After your work permit expires you become a visitor, as already suggested you can apply for a temp visitor permit but you will not be able to work during that time.

Your priority should not be CEC PR but securing a new permit, then follow on with the CEC PR application.

Thx

A

kayceesin

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2014
AOR Received.
11-07-2014
Med's Request
30-06-2015
Med's Done....
01-07-2015
Passport Req..
22-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
agitator said:
Thanks for your reply !

1. So my present working VISA expires in November. I should apply for one now. How long does it take to get renewed Working VISA ? For how long can that work VISA be extended ?

Please advice.
You have 2 options. you can either apply for a closed work permit through ur company. So your company will have to provide an LMO for you to apply.the catch is that you cannot, with that particular work permit, work for anyother company. The LMO also takes time to get so ask your employer now if they are willing to provide one for you. Some companies will not offer LMO cos it is a pain, so make sure you know if they will provide it or not so you can make alternative arrangements. Second option is to apply for a bridging Open work permit. This will allow you extend ur work permit while ur PR is being processed and work for any company you want. But the catch to the bridging work permit is that you have to have applied for PR and received an AOR or ur application status has to be reflected as passed. it takes about 8weeks after you submit ur application to get this status. So my advise to you is that you should apply for ur PR first. you still have time. if you apply now, you will get a positive acknowledgment in about 2-2 and half months max. You can then apply for the work permit.
Dont forget to qualify for another work permit, your current one has to have less than 4 months on it. So it is still to early too renew it. just work on the PR and try to get it in. Once it is in, you can get ur work permit and then ur mulitple reentry visa

To answer ur questions, it is currently taking about 16days to process ur work permit online or 52 days on paper. In my opinion, apply for PR first. I think it can be extended for a year

Goodluck!