+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Virtual Landing - No Update

xlvii

May 5, 2021
Hello,

There has been no update on my spouse's PR application after I got an email on Nov 9, 2023 after requesting virtual landing:

Please be advised that your file is closed at our office. The information you have provided has been noted and forwarded to the concerned office. The landing office in Canada will contact you for virtual landing shortly. You are requested not to send repeated emails to our office.

The "shortly" is getting longer than expected and my spouse's temporary residence is about to come to an end.
Is anyone else on the same boat and what does the processing time for virtual landing look like these days?
And are there any options for my situation except waiting? And what does the next step look like, even if I get an update soon how long does it take usually for the entire process to complete?

Any information is much appreciated.

Thanks.

w8ing4visa

Star Member
Nov 15, 2023
Hello,

There has been no update on my spouse's PR application after I got an email on Nov 9, 2023 after requesting virtual landing:

Please be advised that your file is closed at our office. The information you have provided has been noted and forwarded to the concerned office. The landing office in Canada will contact you for virtual landing shortly. You are requested not to send repeated emails to our office.

The "shortly" is getting longer than expected and my spouse's temporary residence is about to come to an end.
Is anyone else on the same boat and what does the processing time for virtual landing look like these days?
And are there any options for my situation except waiting? And what does the next step look like, even if I get an update soon how long does it take usually for the entire process to complete?

Any information is much appreciated.

Thanks.
Approximate 3 months, your best bet is to apply for the visitor record in case the temporary residence is about to expire

Reactions: xlvii