+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VIENNA - Time for issuing visa

nume

Mar 24, 2013
Hello,

After 7 long years ::), finally we received letter for payment of RFPR and was asked to send passports in order visa to be issued ;D.
Please, can someone answer how long it take for Vienna office to stamp (affix visa) in the passport, and how are the passports returned (what means registered mail)?

Thanks

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
nume said:
Hello,

After 7 long years ::), finally we received letter for payment of RFPR and was asked to send passports in order visa to be issued ;D.
Please, can someone answer how long it take for Vienna office to stamp (affix visa) in the passport, and how are the passports returned (what means registered mail)?

Thanks
Congrats! This would indicate that the VO is currently working on older files.
From what I could gather, visa stamping will be done quickly. They even offer a same-day stamping, if you bring in the passport(s) before 9am (I guess), they promise to have it/them stamped by 3pm or so.
If you send the passport by mail or courier, the stamping and returning process takes longer (2-3 weeks I assume). They return passports by "registered mail", which is basically a normal letter:they use the regular postal service in Austria (which connects with your country's postal service), the letter is just "registered", so the postal service is suposed to take extra care (well, theoretically) and the sender might (or might not) get a tracking code.
In conclusion, If I was you and have been waiting for years, I would most probably travel to Vienna myself (rather safe then sorry).

Why don't you repost this in the Vienna thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/applicants-vo-vienna-please-join-t79097.195.html

nume

Mar 24, 2013
Thanks BC2013,

2-3 weeks is long period for my case because the visa will expire on 20th April (now is 30 Mart) and I got confirmation mail on 16 Mart.
I will contact the VO directly and post their reply on this forum.

Naumce

nume

Mar 24, 2013
Hello,

Just for information, Vienna office is very expeditive and fast in response.
They have processed my passports in one day, but post offices were slow. (10 days from Vienna to Skopje - Macedonia)

I have my Canadian visa and hopefully in two weeks I will land in Canada.

See You all there. ;D

Naum

ninamaiya

Star Member
May 3, 2013
nume said:
Hello,

Just for information, Vienna office is very expeditive and fast in response.
They have processed my passports in one day, but post offices were slow. (10 days from Vienna to Skopje - Macedonia)

I have my Canadian visa and hopefully in two weeks I will land in Canada.

See You all there. ;D
Naum
congratulations........u might have landed to canada. how is the stay n life over there???
pls share with us, which year applicant are you, and how long it took to complete the whole procedure........
nina

Mickibeyene

Apr 6, 2018
Hi, I am currently sponsored under family class sponsorship by my spouse. Our application was sent to Vienna on January 19 2018 for further processing. I was just wondering if anyone had experience with the Vienna visa office and approximately how long did the process take?