CPP-O
App. Filed.......
09-04-2020
AOR Received.
17-09-2020
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Hello Experts,

I am so worried as January is coming near and I am like others aspiring to apply for Canadian PR under CEC. However, i am a victim of spelling mistakes and problem is i am not able to get them corrected. Here are the details -

1) Birth certificate is on a nick name which i never used (Already posted a message about this)
2) 10th Marks sheet - Surname was mis-spelled in my name and Father's name and DOB year was incremented by 1 (I got this corrected from the school board after uncountable rounds to the school board office, they crossed, corrected and stamped on the original document). Examination Admit card was correct though
3) 10th School certificate - Same mistakes as marks sheet and i could not get this corrected after uncountable trials
4) 12th Standard - I was lucky here with most of the things. Except my name is VIKAS"H" instead of "VIKAS" in school leaving certificate that has the DOB and Birth Place. All other documents were correct
5) Graduation - Everything alright
6) Passport - Once again :( Spelling mistake in Place of Birth - Missed one letter "A" from the word

Now my situation is this.

- Municipality is saying my DOB Certificate can not be corrected.
- I can not use my 10th Certificate too coz surname and DOB mistake there.
- If i submit an affidavit mentioning my correct Place of birth, then there will be mismatch coz of Passport spelling issue

And with all above issues i ask, why with me all the time :( I filled all the application forms correctly with no spelling mistake and all the time some stupid illiterates did these mistakes.

And over that if you go to them to ask to correct them, they act as if it is my mistake that i got a erroneous document. But you know what i still love my India.

Any suggestions for me? I hope my PR application will get accepted.

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
I assume you are Temporary Foreign Worker.

1) BIRTH CERTIFICATE > If it reads your Nick Name then no point in submitting it with your CEC application.
2) 10th Marks Sheet > It is just an additional doc and not accepted by CIC as an evidence of DOB.
3) 10th School Certificate > It is just an additional doc and not accepted by CIC as an evidence of DOB.
4) 12th Standard > It is just an additional doc and not accepted by CIC as an evidence of DOB.
5) Graduation > Need not be submitted with CEC application (if pursued outside Canada).
6) Passport > Not sure what you Place of Birth is? Nevertheless, if it is a major spelling mistake, you will have to get it corrected in your passport

The best bet, get the correction done in your Passport. Apply for a Certificate of Date of Birth with CGI (which will be based on your Passport). Also produce an Affidavit to evidence your Date of Birth as it reads in your passport.